Lands End Trial 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lands End Trial 2014

The Lands End Trial came through Barbrook (Beggars Roost)again over Easter.Only one Greeves bike this year Lorenzo Timms on his 24TE ex Monty Banks bike
    Lorenzo rides the bike from his home in Surrey does the trial them rides it back home a round trip of 600 miles .Unfortunately after filling up with fuel at Barbrook the bike came to a stop after about 200yards the nut holding the float bowl on the carb came out never to be found. I did the decent thing a took the one off my TFS carb so he could continue (Villiers carb spares not easy to find at 2.30am on Exmoor) I belive Lorenzo gained a Silver a great effort by him.
    His bike is a very early one the frame number is 24TE106
    Attached Files
    Last edited by trialrider17; 27/04/2014, 03:30 PM.

Yes well done Lorenzo, with a registration number 324 CYL he should consider putting a 3T engine in it.

Comment

OK John's post can come over a bit strange, but at least he uses his real name.....
      Maybe it would have been better to ask if the number came from a 3T engined bike?
      Nevertheless, a great ride and as seen in the pics, he has to carry nearly a gallon of oil to mix in during the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        OK John's post can come over a bit strange, but at least he uses his real name.....
        Maybe it would have been better to ask if the number came from a 3T engined bike?
        Nevertheless, a great ride and as seen in the pics, he has to carry nearly a gallon of oil to mix in during the ride.
        Hello Brian,
        It was indeed a great ride,and deserved to be seen as such.
        And i stand by my previous comments,regarding this member.
        Best Regards,
        RUSS COOK
        Last edited by Cookie; 27/04/2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie View Post
          And i stand by my previous comments,regarding this member.
          RUSS COOK
          We're all different. John was just making a friendly comment. Insulting posts or other attempts to foster unpleasantness will be dealt with.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
            Not quite sure where you are coming from on this Brian. I was just picking up on the reg No as being 324 (cc) CYL (cylinder) thus the connection with a Villiers 3T engine. It would not be the first time a twin had been used in a trials /ISDT bike. Albert Glassbrook used a 2T engine in 2 LHK.

Comment

My guess is that a dealer spotted this way back and used it for something suitable.

Comment

324 cyl

It does appear to be an original (London) registration. The first registered date of 1/5/89 would have been the date it was put onto a V5 from the old buff/green logbook. Has anyone any pics of Monty Banks riding the bike.
                The vehicle details for 324 CYL are:
                Date of Liability 01 04 2015
                Date of First Registration 01 05 1989
                Year of Manufacture 1961
                Cylinder Capacity (cc) 250cc
                CO₂ Emissions Not Available
                Fuel Type PETROL
                Export Marker N
                Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
                Vehicle Colour BLUE
                Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

Comment