Riders needed urgently for Mortimer 100 Miler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riders needed urgently for Mortimer 100 Miler

All - Evan Lewis called last night - he is in need of two Greeves riders to make up a team in the 100 miler.................
    Reply to this thread if you can make it - date is Saturday 10th May.

The event is a cracker - and a great chance for track time on one of the best classic circuits in the country ........
    Cheers Kim

(Dick Dastardly and Rob - this is your big breakthrough chance on a track you know and love - go on you know it makes sense )

Unfortunately I will not be there to support the Team this time due to the date change and a clash with travelling to the Far East (Ipswich). I think this is a great event and recommend it to any rider. Just hope it's not too warm and the iced water is not missed too much!

Comment

Kim - I think Dick Dastardly is being taken on holiday that week. Last time he was on one of these old-peoples outings, he slipped getting off the coach and twisted his ankle. He survives all these 100 mph death smashes in trials and cripples himself on holiday!

I'm a bit stuck because of the absences of day licences - perhaps I should ride more and jusify an annual one?

Not too sure how the 100 miler works. I gather teams are formed with various classes of bikes or something.

Sounds fun anyway.

Comment

Rob, the format is simple in that you have 4 riders per team and only one transponder and one number bib. The first rider starts and does his 15 mins stint and then at the dismount area, his bike is held by a catcher and the transponder is taken by the runner. He runs to the pit area where the number bib is transferred to the next rider who then runs to the start line where his bike is being readied by the the bike holder who will have helped the runner fit the transponder to that bike. When the rider arrives, he is free to rejoin the race.......Simple!

Comment

Simples

Brian spot on - hard to describe how it works - unless you have done it but it is a cracking format for a days racing.

In terms of the teams each team has 4 bikes from different classes,,,,,,so for example a Greeves only team would consist of 4 riders with the following equipment :
          • a Hawkstone in the pre-60 class
          • an MDS or early 250 challenger in the pre 65 up to 250 class
          • a 360 challenger in the pre-68 over 250 class
          • and a Griffon in the Pre74 class.

I checked back with Evan - and having volunteered myself we now have a team of 4 ...........The riders being Evan (pre60) on his Hawkstone , Higgo pre65 on his Grebsa , Tom on an amazing and very rare pre68 QUB and me on a Pre 74 QUB......well we are close to meeting the requirements might have to get the MDS out the garage !!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
            Rob, the format is simple in that you have 4 riders per team and only one transponder and one number bib. The first rider starts and does his 15 mins stint and then at the dismount area, his bike is held by a catcher and the transponder is taken by the runner. He runs to the pit area where the number bib is transferred to the next rider who then runs to the start line where his bike is being readied by the the bike holder who will have helped the runner fit the transponder to that bike. When the rider arrives, he is free to rejoin the race.......Simple!
            And then you repeat many times until you are completely shattered.....and then the madness is stopped ......and then retire to the beer tent for the evening to recover !!

Comment

100 miler

Would have enjoyed the weekend event but away, I think Captain mainwaring would have rode but not having a bat man attending was forced to withdraw from the battle

Comment

Working...
              X