TDS National Greeves Championship 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDS National Greeves Championship 2014

Thought you might be interested in the dates for this year's 11 Championship rounds, which are :-

March 30 Marks Tey Round 1
    April 20 Maylandsea Round 2
    May 5 (Monday) Stebbing Round 3
    May 11 Reading Round 4 (Mortimer Club)
    May 25 Marks Tey Round 5
    June 15 Marks Tey Round 6
    July 27 Gosfield Round 7
    August 24 Maylandsea Round 8
    Sept 21 Maylandsea Round 9
    Sept 28 East Hanningfield Round 10 (Chelmsford Club)
    October 12 Marks Tey Round 11

All venues are in Essex, except for the Mortimer Club event.

Additionally, Dave Harper has his usual demo booked in for the Battlesbridge Show on July 6 (also in Essex).

Thanks for posting those John. I'll get them into Leading Link.

I know it was the Pre-65 MX club AGM yesterday. Everything ok?

Glad to see that Dave is keeping the Greeves Series going, and well done Terry!
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thanks Colin.
      Regrettably, I didn't stay for the AGM-proper, but feedback received from Adrian is very positive.
      One innovation relevant to the Greeves riders is Dave's intention to put three Greeves heats into each of the Essex meetings, with the second and third races only counting toward the Championship.

Comment

Thanks for posting john

Thanks john that lot wet the appetite !!!
        11 rounds is impressive . Better get the bikes fixes !
        I like Dave's idea of three greeves races but the second two only to count . At least from a competitors point of view . Quiet often the Greeve championship race is the first or second race in the event which means going balls out after just 4 laps practice and only one quickish lap ( at least that's my way)
        I think this might improve our quality of racing and hopefully reduce racing incidents . But Punchy watch out for bear hugs and elbows even n the first heat

Comment

There has been debate on the Pre-65 page on Facebook on race length. Many riders (probably the younger ones???) wanting 6 or 8 lap races for the Championship events, leaving the Workers and Clubmans races at 4 laps. What's the feeling amongst the Greeves Champ contenders here?
          Personally, I think the 100 mile event ought to be in the Championship as well!

Comment

With respect, Brian, I think that any such debate should be led by Dave Harper, who unfortunately does not have access to this Forum or subscribe to social media websites.
            As for 11 rounds, Kim, that would compare well with earlier Championships when we took ourselves off to the West Country and to the Cotwolds for those precious points (in my case handicap points!)
            You certainly needed a well prepared bike ............ and body! ............. to keep up in those days!!
            Mind you, Dave's 2014 calendar probably allows for bad weather cancellations like what we had last year (?)
            Last edited by johnrunnacles; 28/01/2014, 05:52 PM. Reason: speling

Comment

John, the debate on Facebook was a general one, no actual Championships were mentioned, just a general feeling that 4 laps would be too short for anyone who has a problem at the start, for example, to get into the top scoring positions.
              I have no idea if this was actioned or even mentioned at the Pre-65 AGM, but it remains a thought for the future, i.e. would riders want 2x6 lap races or 3x4 laps??

Comment

Little by little ?

Thank goodness for that, Brian. "Social media" cause enough problems, without contaminating our sport.
                As for 6-lap races, do me a favour, some of us have enough of a problem finishing on the same lap as the winners in a 4-lap event .............. but does Dave have something up his sleeve for the future, I wonder?

tongueincheekofburstall
                Last edited by johnrunnacles; 28/01/2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

It will all depend on what the other riders think and persuade their respective Championship sponsors to do. I can see both sides, the young and fit would like longer races, but others will not. Maybe there will be a time when there will be so many Greeves on the line that there will have to be Heats and a Final!

Comment

Just shows the strength of the Greeves in the pre65 agenda

I love the way that Dave. Continually looks for feedback And input from the riders in ways to keep all happy and to grow the series . That is a lesson to us all.
                    John I remember the days on the road , not just to Mortimer but to Chelmsford Lincolnshire (somewhere ! ) and to deepest darkest Somerset and Devon .
                    They made for fun and spread the word for the greeves!! But of course inevitable cost increases and date clashes made it hard to keep up.
                    Re longer races . I personally think 6 laps is optimum for a championship race ( note Terry did 8 for the Xmas cracker !) as it does as Brian suggests allow you to. Mope sate for a bad start but of course there are two other chapionships let alone other classes so it would reduce number of races .....and we get enough to ride ! So moving to 3 is a smart move and justifiable considering the number of Greeves in the entry !
                    Be interested in the views of any of the other riders views ( yes Punchy even you mate cheers Kim
                    Last edited by Kim275; 29/01/2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                      Be interested in the views of any of the other riders views ( yes Punchy even you mate cheers Kim

Well and truly prepared and race fit for this season young Morley Body armour with one or two sharp additions being added by the manufacturers ready for our forthcoming duels so no bulking in the bends
                      Bring it on 4 , 6 or 8 laps great,I'm pumped and ready to go
                      Punchy 336

Comment

More laps = More elbow opportunities!!!!!

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more about Dave, Kim. I have every faith in the way he is constantly fine-tuning the Championship (after all, it is his and Terry's Greeves Championship, not the Pre 65 Club's or anyone else's) and I know Dave will respond to all reasonable approaches for modifications, etc. in the best interests of the Championship and of its rider participants. But, as I have said, it is important in my mind that he is "in the picture" from the word Go about any debate circling this Greeves Championship.

Now, on the point of longer races, they would give opportunity, of course, for the rest of us to make up ground on those who jump the start!
                          They could also give more of a chance to extract a bike embedded in the mud, and to rejoin the fray before the race ends!
                          Then there's the feeling you get when you're gaining ground in the last lap (of however many) only to find that the one in front (your quarry?) was just easing off in anticipation of the chequered flag!!
                          Fast becoming distant memories for some of us though ................
                          Last edited by johnrunnacles; 29/01/2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Punchy View Post
                            Well and truly prepared and race fit for this season young Morley Body armour with one or two sharp additions being added by the manufacturers ready for our forthcoming duels so no bulking in the bends
                            Bring it on 4 , 6 or 8 laps great,I'm pumped and ready to go
                            Pumped up and ready to go, eh! I wondered why all the seams in your jeans were showing such obvious signs of strain. Are you sure you're using the correct pump !

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
                              Pumped up and ready to go, eh! I wondered why all the seams in your jeans were showing such obvious signs of strain. Are you sure you're using the correct pump !
                              Brilliant Adrian ...LOL ... Bit worrying knowing that Punchy has all sorts of weird gear including a gossamer Durex waterproof race top and no doubt all sorts of pumps and devices for the off season . Probably gets a discount at Ann Summers !!! Best if season starts soon !! Bring it on

Comment

Working...
                              X