Newark on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newark on Saturday

Paul Gollings tells me he is exhibiting his restored (ex Dick Dunkley) 25DCX on the Greeves stand at Newark on Saturday. If you are going could you take some pics & post them up.

Will do, John.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

I found my way to Newark on Saturday for the "Winter Classic Bike Show". Not the best of venues I have to say, with the various buildings in use spread out around the edges of the showground - just great when it's raining, which it did all day. Might have been better on Sunday as the weather did improve a bit? (Well it did at home in Suffolk...)

The club stands, such as there were, were all mixed up with the jumble stalls, so no real structure to the show. The only other British bike clubs I saw were Sunbeam S70/S80, Velocette (very good display), Gold Stars and a branch of the Triumph MOC. Lots of Jap bike clubs and loads of scooters though.

The GRA made the best of the cattle shed spot we had been allocated, and eleven nice bikes had been brought along. The stand was busy all day Saturday, so bags of chat. Dave Bradley's 1953 alloy-beam prototype deservedly won best post-war bike, so at least the judges found us. And well done Brad!

Still it was nice to get back to some bikes...
      Attached Files
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Newark

Looks a bit chilly in there Colin, pity Paul Gollings did not take the DCX along as planned (got your email) What was the attendance like? as there does not appear to be crowds around the stand in your pics, although this may have been at a quite time as you say there were lots of visitors to stand. Maybe not the 'Normous Newark' of previous years, probably more on Sunday.
        Last edited by John Wakefield; 06/01/2014, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Newark

The weather didn't help, but those halls really are dismal places. Not worth the admission cost in my opinion.

Comment

Greetings!

Hi Ian,

Great to see you posting again! Hope you and yours are well, and a Happy New Year!

Yes, quite agree on old cattle sheds, especially when the weather is bad, like Colin said. The Three Counties Showground near Malvern is similar.

Brian.

Comment

Newark on Saturday

Hi Colin,

It does all look very dismal to say the least, Brad said that he was taking the new banners was there a problem as I wonder if they were to tall for those sheds?

Comment

There was a reasonable attendance on the Saturday, but it was never crowded. I could have taken those photos at pretty much any time during the day.

Brad took the new banners, but they were too tall for the shed.

The £9.00 entry charge was a bit steep in my view.
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                X