Jack Thompson Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Thompson Trial

Hi I will be having my annual ride on Sunday 1st December at Canada Heights Swanley. If any GRA members see me please look me up. This is a good get together of the Pre 65 trials mob and lots of interesting bikes to be seen. Rob Thornton and Richard "Dickie" Faggetter are entered as well.

Jack Thompson Trial

Have a good wobble, John. Mind what you're up to. Greg Radley came out trail riding with us today on his Anglian, which he told me he'll be riding in the JT on Sunday. Take care - Dick.

Comment

Jack Thomson trial

Hi there John,
      look forward to speaking with you on Sunday, there are in fact 14 Greeves entered , but only 5 are GRA members so Captain Mainwaring and myself will have to do a bit chasing up.

Greg Radley is out on his greeves also and he is as good on a trials iron as he is on a scrambler, last year we also had Ian Webster riding , but he has dissapeared off the radar lately.

After are Sammy Miller Didcot round Rob and me will do the easy route as I will not be the flavour of the month with (er in doors) if I end up in A & E as we are away on holiday on Tuesday!!.

Dicky

Comment

Jack Thomson trial

Hiya all,
        Will be going Sunday. If your reading this Terry we can sort out shocks etc then. Cheers all. Mick

Comment

Jack Thompson Trial

Well done John-boy for winning your class and successfully heading off the Eastern Centre invaders! A Greeves 1-2-3 no less! You can rest assured I'll be winding up Graham Braybrook when I see him at Andrewsfield tomorrow!

Comment

Are you flying into Andrewsfield http://www.andrewsfield.com/airfield...-andrewsfield/ in your Tiger Moth Dick

Comment

'fraid not John! Each to their own but small aircraft have never appealed to me - not too keen on the larger ones either! Just a weekly gathering of old trials and scrambles riders after a morning's trail riding. Last of the summer wine Essex and Suffolk style! All very pleasant.

Comment

Jack Thompson Trial

Greeves 1,2 and third. First and seconed are GRA members.

Comment

Any chance of a report and a couple of pics for LL?
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

In hand Colin!

More Greeves 'success'. I was runner up in the very easy class with a single 3 in 40 sections and Dangerous Dick was 3rd - at last I've beaten him! Makes a change from being last in both of my previous two trials!

Comment

Result!

Well done Rob!

Any trees left after Dicky's laps...?!

Brian.

Comment

Funny you should say that! I believe he had a total of 3 'incidents' and quite a few trees plus some pieces of ground WERE harmed! He also parked next to the porta loos which were also 'harmed'!

Comment

"Portaloo, couldn't escape if it wanted to...!" (ABBA.)

Splendid! It's great to hear that good old Maximus is still creating an 'impact' out there.

Speaking of which, don't suppose you've had any 'reports' back from the Greek consulate as yet regarding his current 'wreckreational' visit....

Keep up the good work Dicky!

Comment

Thumbs up "Portaloo, couldn't escape if it wanted to...!" (ABBA.)

That's a cracker Brian.
                            It takes me back several years to an international Pre65 meeting at Marsh en Femme, down in the Ardenne region of Belgium, the area where the Battle of the Bulge took place. We arrived for the meeting on the Friday in the wet and had to be towed into paddock area. The weather didn't improve much over the entire weekend, quite how the guys completed the races in such conditions I don't know. Anyway come the Monday morning, without our own toilet facilities and in desperate need I sought out the least used of them all, having spotted that camp was already being dismantled and they were disappearing one at a time suspended from the jib of a JCB. Having entered my chosen haven and got settled in, I was suddenly aware of the approaching thump, thump of the JCB. Crikes, I hoped against hope that it wasn't going to stop at the one I was comfortably settled in. No such luck the thump grew louder until the ground seemed to begin resonating to it's beat, then there was a scuffling on the roof. I hence forth made a sharp exit to discover that it was next inline and being shackled up to the JCB jib whence upon it was taken across the field swinging violently from side to side, goodness knows what the inside was like by the time it reached it's final resting place. Boy was that a narrow escape. On occasions, I still wake up in a cold sweat wondering what might have happened if I hadn't been able to make that sharp exit!
                            I've subsequently taken to riding local meetings only and acquired facilities of my own.

Comment

Going Potty!

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
                              Thumbs up "Portaloo, couldn't escape if it wanted to...!" (ABBA.) That's a cracker Brian.
                              It takes me back several years to an international Pre65 meeting at Marsh en Femme, down in the Ardenne region of Belgium, the area where the Battle of the Bulge took place...
                              ....ha ha!!!! Hi mate, great story...!

However....(!) As usual, I see you are downplaying your achievements once again, and modestly drawing a veil over the enormity of the results you produced for the 'Ipswich Scary Dumping Trophy' team that year. Through a mixture of sporting spirit, fearless disregard for your own safety, grit, raw courage, and Kim's burgers, you maintained your focus and forged a solid result in the end mate. It was to be a moving six days that the good folk of Ipswich will, in all certainty, never ever be able to forget (ever)....but that is another story...!

Modesty aside mate, credit where it's due! I think it only fitting that everyone can see the trophy, along with that action shot of you in the gruelling 'special test', and a bit of classic video* to show how much the sport has changed over the years since H&S sanitised it.....

Click on the link, then click play (on bottom left!) http://vimeo.com/43210266

(* With special thanks to Rob for allowing the producers to use the music from his own forthcoming production. !)

Brian.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 22/12/2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X