Maylandsea 22/09/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maylandsea 22/09/13

The Pre65 club held a classic meeting at Maylandsea yesterday which included the penultimate round of the Greeves Championship.

Another cracking day with the track conditions nice and grippy and a full circuit available anti clockwise this time just to bring us back on kilter after half a clockwise circuit for the August Bank holiday

A few of the regular campaigners were missing but 25 were on at the start line all eager to get away 1st.

The start came up the bottom field before a bumpy sharp left hander down onto the main track, beside the marsh drainage ditch and reed bed I know what you're thinking and the Greeves boys don't disappoint the flag went up and we all hurtled like scolded cats to the 1st bend the leading group dropped down into the bend and then there was a coming together of men and machines, Womble dismounted spectacularly and took out another 1 or 2 but not to be out done Griffon Slayer was caught and somersaulted over the ropes and into the reed bed wow the following pack some how managed to miss the strewn bodies and bikes.

SJA quickly attended the fallen and Slayer was last to his feet helped from the reeds but up for the re-run. Fortunately there was no replay and the 1st race was completed without further incident I believe

Don't know how the. 2nd race went as I had to leave early but hopefully all were ok.

The last round is at Marks Tey on 13th October when the circus will be displaying their tightrope and balancing skills for the last time this season
    Punchy 336

Maylandsea

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the report, Sorry that the Friar and Vicars Grip were not in attendance. We will be at the last Round on the 13th October though

Sounds like the Griffon Slayer got himself in a right old pickle

I hope G/S and Womble get well soon.

How did yourself and the Felixstowe Flyer get on?

Was Bob involved in the incident?

Regards

Vicars Grip #151#

Comment

Flyer is still nursing his ribs so didn't ride, fortunately I was a little way behind and managed to avoid the Melee Bob got his usual flyer but could well have been the cause as he's usually amongst it somewhere:
      . I was risking it a bit as I was between him and the Blacksmith on the start line you'd think I'd learn oh well can't help it being Suffolkanslow

Glad you and Friar will be at the last one we should have a full compliment especially if I can get the Burstall Bomber out for one last Hurragh !!

Womble snapped his bars but was ok, am not sure about G Slayer as he was a bit sore around his ribs after the re-run, hopefully they'll update us.
      Punchy 336

Comment

Last Huraghh

Last Huraghh

JR has had more comebacks than Rocky

VG #151#
        Last edited by scott151; 23/09/2013, 03:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Hi all
          what a meeting really enjoyed it even if I was airborne at some point lol
          many thanks to the chief marshall who seems to get the riders/bikes and track up and ready in lightening quick time and thanks to SJA for checking me over but they got to stop telling the missus I shouldnt ride again that day lol
          feeling ready for next one and its only Wednesday!!!!!!
          hope the womble fixes his bike ok as looking forward to the battle on the last meeting hope we can have a massive turn out

Comment

Just to say that this spectacular incident was well captured on video, and it shows exactly where the cause lay, and how bars get busted! Otherwise a good meeting with some spectacular jumping by most of the riders. I can provide photographic evidence of some of this aviation!

Comment

Originally posted by Punchy View Post
              Flyer is still nursing his ribs so didn't ride, fortunately I was a little way behind and managed to avoid the Melee Bob got his usual flyer but could well have been the cause as he's usually amongst it somewhere:
              . I was risking it a bit as I was between him and the Blacksmith on the start line you'd think I'd learn oh well can't help it being Suffolkanslow

Glad you and Friar will be at the last one we should have a full compliment especially if I can get the Burstall Bomber out for one last Hurragh !!

Womble snapped his bars but was ok, am not sure about G Slayer as he was a bit sore around his ribs after the re-run, hopefully they'll update us.
              Hi all glad to report that Punchy was right on all counts - I got a flier and experienced this one form the sharp end - but It was indeed a Womble in 3rd place deciding to pull the rip cord and abort after he caught Matts rear wheel and just infront of Graham Smith. Graham me and another bike all take evasive and swerv to the left pinning me between the two .....I some how managed to squeeze through (yes without the help of a Gossamer race shirt !!) into a very short lived 3rd place - I looked back and it was carnage .....glad all ok......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35HqUX1pu6Y - this is the video link -if you stop it at 14 and 15 secs you can see us squeezing through . ALso good to watch and reflect on how preffessional Jamie , the marshals adn the medics are . Take care all - Cheers Bob
              Last edited by Kim275; 25/09/2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Maylandsea

Hi Kim,
                thats not a bad film, wondered were you all got to. That explains it. Marshals did a good job with the red flags.

PS Never heard Richard winge so much.

See you all at the next meeting. Dont forget my meeting on Nov 3rd, The Christmas Cracker. Lots of prizes to be given out.

See u all Terry Sewell

Comment

Arm and ribs where fine terry just didnt like the pond scum in my boots lol

Comment

The video clearly shows it wasn't Womble's fault, everyone in front slowed down too much!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X