Maylandsea Sunday 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maylandsea Sunday 25th

The Pre 65 club managed to run a shortened course Sunday despite the best efforts of the deluge that fell Saturday afternoon/night.

A round of the Greeves championship took place that was once again well supported including several of the runners and riders that took part in the National.

The introduction of a 5 point penalty for jumping the start seems to have cured "Bob the Builder's twitchy throttle action and both races went off without a hitch. Church Warden & Vicar's Grip made a rare appearance.

Unfortunately Felixstowe Flyer had an off in the race 2 after a wrestle with a beastly 380 Griffon A few sore ribs and some stitches in an elbow resulting but pleased to report he's on the mend

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	62648. Wonder if he knows someone who can source a new mudguard stay!!
    Punchy 336

Great to hear that Felixstowe Flier is recovering well!!

Punchy - thanks for the update and Great to hear that Felixstowe Flier is recovering well!!...............He needs to stop trying to overtake big beastly griffons ....as it was a scary moment as after contact with the Griffon he executed a swallow dive and triple toe loop across the track infront of the on coming pack (although I believe he was awarded 10:9:9:10 from the judges!)

They were tough conditions in race two as most of the track had dried out except for the aforementioned bend - and it was chaos in the leading pack

Wish I could confirm your assumption on the 5 point penalty....but I think it may have more to do with the knackered clutch on Mikes 250 Challenger that I was borrowing !!...

And it was good to race again with the Vicar and Church warden....away from their babysitting duties !!
    Cheers
    Bob The Builder

Comment

Mudlandsea

Hi All,

Get well soon Adrian, You need to keep away from the Blacksmith on the 380 (He loves the ropes)

The poor old Hawkstone looks like one of Kims bikes now (only joking Bob!)

I enjoyed being back, seemed to be playing with Richard Haywood all day, who was going well on the Hawkstone again, as was Mike Eustace.

I think the 360 is now officially run in!! I still cannot believe how powerful these thinks are compared to the 250s Ive got to change the fork seals already as they have blown.

The Vicar broke my short stoke mx4 aswell, so went out my Hawkstone in GC race2.

The Chappells have entered the oct 13th meeting at Marks Tey, so looking forward to that already.

It will give me a chance to get the 360 into top gear or maybe just 3rd

Regards

Vicars Grip (these bloddy nicknames Punchy! or is that Wallace?)

Comment

Yes Punchy thank you for the update about the FF. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery, especially for those ribs which seem to have taken a battering of late. I think we should refrain from telling any jokes for a while, so as to help the FF not to laugh and cause extra pain, although I think Kim's description of his elegant "launch" from his machine may have already cause a chuckle, as it did with me.

As for a replacement mudguard, i'm not sure he will need to look far

Lovely to see you all at the weekend and good to see the church warden and vicar in action - getting that nicely polished 360 Challenger nice and dirty
        Michael Eustace - www.classicmxrider.com

Comment

Thanks for your concerns, good wishes and finely honed p taking chaps, or should I say gentle rib tickling Thanks too for not leaving any tyre marks on me anywhere! I've no recollection of triple toes, loops or swallows during the incident, but stars did feature in abundance for a while, so thanks Kim for your eloquent description of matters. I do however feel hard done by over the judges opinions.
          Having been temporarily dazed by it all I was surprised to find that the Griffon had mounted my Hawkstone, it's owner desperately trying to drag it off. He muttered something about "becoming a habit" and being "less than impressed" although as to whether he was referring to me, or the Griffon, I've no idea. I do hope he suffered no lasting ill effects, I'm afraid I haven't since had the opportunity to enquire with him.
          Great to see the "Chuckle Brothers" out again, glad to see they've finally got a Grip on matters and are back in the saddle. Should be an interesting season next year if all the runners and riders are still in training and not out injured, to stud or being Gelded!

Comment

Glad to see you ok adrian and hope your be at the next one shown those griffons that they cant win every time
            throughly enjoyed the track so well done to all the organizers to keep us going.
            if possible could someone list the person to the nick names as I am getting really confused whos whos?!?!?! Lol

Comment

List

Well done for your efforts on Sunday Richard you're too quick on that hawkstone have sent you a pm with the list of names that appeared on the thread for the May east anglian grand national .

You will have to be added to the list. My 1st thought is that naturally your nick name should be 'Pickles' but in view of your sterling efforts it can surely only be............ Griffon Slayer'
              Punchy 336

Comment

Hi Richard,

Nice to see you on the forum, il let punchy explain as he started all this nick name stuff.

Regards

Vicars grip aka Scott Chappell

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
                  Having been temporarily dazed by it all I was surprised to find that the Griffon had mounted my Hawkstone, it's owner desperately trying to drag it off.
                  He should have used a bucket of water!

Really glad to hear that you're OK Adrian.
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Nice one Colin! Thanks too for your concern.

Comment

I like griffon slayer lol...... where did pickles comes from???

Comment

They're probably better known in Suffolk, Richard .............. Haywards Pickles, bottled in Bury St. Edmunds!
                        Hope you're well, and Dad?
                        John R (he of too many Greeves handicap points!)

Comment

Lol I get it now.... yeah dads ok I think he's missing riding a greeves to be honest but his kestral is a very good bike.
                          when are you coming out of retirement John?!?!?!
                          got a few running repairs to do before the next one cracked the frame again and got yet another puncture!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info John, I didn't know that and I live here, talk about Suffolk & Slow.
                            Well Pickles, sorry, Griffon Slayer welcome aboard, or should I say back! What does puzzle me though is how Mike Eustace seems to have escaped being saddled with an alias to date! Now let's think......., Burstall Bruiser or er' The Journalist, Sarah's Pride, The Camedian or any other suggestions!

Comment

Yeah, it's sad, I guess, Adrian, fifty years in Suffolk Trading Standards and that's all I've got to show for it!

Every time I try to "come out", Richard, the Club finds itself short of track marshals .............. what else has a chap with a conscience to do? The bike is still keen enough. Mr. Eustace proved that much at Gosfield!

On that score, I've got one for young Michael, Adrian. How about "Nellie's Nemesis"?

Only kidding, Mike.

Comment

Working...
                              X