Runnacles Last Charge at 'The Mount'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runnacles Last Charge at 'The Mount'

The Burstall Bomber was overwhelmed with his success at the EAGN to finally have some uninterrupted laps for the 1st time this season, even though he completed the 5 lap races in 4

In his excitement he's entered the next Marks tey meeting and battlesbridge, and when I last visited him his hands were hovering over his entry for Mortimer.

Apparently he may well be up for both the 100 miler and the greeves championship on the sunday

So I 'm hoping you chaps will give him all the encouragement he needs and respond accordingly or alternatively you may want to post your odds on the likely hood of this happening
    Punchy 336

Rob, i`m glad you have posted this thread, because i have personally asked.., no begged! john to come along & help the gra out at mortimer!, his experience & "lets push for it lads" attitude is exactly what is needed on the day.
    I only hope team manager brian catt ( aka the iceman ) has the good sense to sign him up quick, probably run him first to set a good pace.
    No there is no doubt in my mind! john is the man for the job!

( Did that sound alright john? only i could not read your writing very well. dave ).
    Last edited by dave higgins; 06/06/2013, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan, but which Team is he going to run in?

Comment

Ice man get the Burstall bombers signature at all costs ! Offer him a choice of teams use any trick ! Most welcome in The Greeves Challengers ! With ian. Cox mike bell and I ....... And am sure Runnacles mount will be a Doddle. This time as he will be press ganged to ride my QUB !!!

Comment

Good luck with your offer Kim. I've offered JR mine on the odd occasion in the past, but he's never quite managed to get his leg over, the seat and kick it into life. Just maybe though, the thought of those wide open spaces down at Ameys Copse could tempt him to throw caution to the wind this one last time. Talking of wind, no, perhaps I'll just leave it there.

Comment

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words, lads (at least that is what I have taken them to be?)
            Thanks, too, for the offers of a bike to ride, but it won't be a Griffon if I do turn up, Kim ................ methinks I have unfinished business on a Hawkstone on that course!!

Comment

Well you certainly have an unfinished lap there john!.......

Comment

Well, if it's only the one lap you all want me to do ................... ??

Comment

John - from memory the sessions per rider are about 20 mins each ......lets set a target - I think a whole lap including the mount is called for !! - we will have team scouts hidden all around the mount just in case - and if in doubt use the lower escape lane !! (like I did on that fateful day ) - looking forward to it

Comment

Working...
                  X