No announcement yet.

East Anglian Grand National scramble, 26 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re the bionic riders, perhaps the Greeves Championship could add points for "originality" or no replacements, but take off points for any carbon fibre, magnesium or stainless steel bits. Persons racing with cast aluminium or fiberglass prosthetics will, of course, have their points doubled!

Comment

A grand day out.

Hi all,

It was nice to see you all on Sunday, I really enjoyed the day, the friar seemed to enjoy himself even though he said before that he was just going to poodle around? I have to admit that I am very unfit at the minute and 5 laps felt like 50

Thanks again to John Asprey for his help on Sunday, the 360 just would not start or run properly all morning a borrowed plug and a needle jet change from 106 to 107 got it running very well, I went out on it a few times in the afternoon to run it in and was very impressed with it, even the friar had a ride on it in the second greeves race and over took John the cheeky sod! (running it in my arse)

The track was well laid out and very quick, bumpy though

I'm hoping to get out again later in the season

Anybody got a stealth muffler kicking around that's surplus? The one on the 360 did little in the way of silencing!

Scotty

Comment

Brian, would riders have to show a medical certificate of authenticity when signing on! & if two healthy riders crossed the line at the same time! would the one with his own teeth win? something for dave harper to consider, i`m sure.

Comment

Brilliant Dave, gave me a good laugh as did your previous post re Iconic and aged riders, where the only part we had in common was the aged bit for sure. Ref JR's link to photo's please also see these at http://www.photoboxgallery.com/3005632 in case you aren't able to view the Pre65 Forum pages. Daren't look myself, it was embarrassing enough eating everyone else's dust without being reminded of it!
          On a brighter note, I do still possess all of my own teeth........... and I have the receipt from my dentist to prove it.

Comment

Good morning Vicar & Friar glad you enjoyed yourselves on Sunday. It was a relief to survive the day on & off the track I appreciated the blessings from you and Bob The 3 cracked ribs & black eye are coming along nicely.

It wasn't till the afternoon session that I felt more comfortable with the track as you say Scotty the bumps ,adverse camber corners sapped your energy, there wasn't anywhere you could relax but it was a very enjoyable day

I am also looking forward to our gathering at Mortimer where the Friar will be giving a sermon on "The Mount" I thought I heard him mutter something about being over my dead body
            Punchy 336

Comment

Punchy - you have set the standard now for all pre-meeting banter !! - keep it up as it clearly got us all going out there !!

Congrats to young Richard Hayward in showing us the way on his Hawkstone - as Adrian pointed out he had some great rides............although don't seem to remember Adrian going slowly either !!. First pre-60 took me 4.99 laps of really hard riding to get past Adrian on the last bend - thinking I was doing ok - only to look up to see Richard already back in the pits relaxing with a mug of tea...bless

I thought the track layout was a good one - very different. Normally Marks Tey favours the 380's - but i felt with the lack of big straights - and more twists and tricks evened it up for the 250's.
              Looking forward to Mortimer - send me a PM re teams as also Ian Cox and Mike Bell looking for a ride so if we have the Vicar and Friar + Higgo you and Adrian we should be able to get two cracking Greeves teams out.
              Cheers Bob

Comment

There are some good pictures from the EAGN on this site, including one of Scotty 'running-in' his Challenger.

It was good to hear the bike running after all the effort. I reckon it was slightly louder than Dave Bickers bike on an open megaphone!
                John A - 268

Comment

Eagn

Hi all,
                  Glad you all enjoyed yourself. Hagon Shocks donated a T shirt which was signed by all of the VIPs at the meeting. This I auctioned in the interval and raised £31 for the air ambulance.
                  Colin the photos were great, not forgetting the winner of the EAGN was awarded Dave Bickers 1964 Spanish Grand Prix trophy, and it was presented by the man himself. Nick Carter will hold this for a year.

Terry Sewell

Comment

Working...
                  X