Battlesbridge July 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlesbridge July 7th

Is the GRA having a stand at Battlesbridge this year?

The usual set-up. Pre '65 MX Club running a classic MX demo, a marquee for a Greeves display for anyone who wants to bring one along. Ride round the circuit at lunchtime on your P&J if you feel so inclined.

All pretty informal and laid back this year.

Not a bad show anyway, plus a decent jumble.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Presumably same format for entry, ie free to riders on classic & vintage bikes, no need to pre book just turn up.

Comment

I missed last years should be going this year.
        Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
          Presumably same format for entry, ie free to riders on classic & vintage bikes, no need to pre book just turn up.
          Yes, that's what's planned.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hopefully Colin we will also get a good turnout of GRA riders (and runners ) in the pre65 club MX demo again this year........I for one will be there (note for guys wanting to race in the demo - normal form is to register with Dave Harpur in advance)
            Higgo - i know its a long way - but it is acracking day out
            Cheers Kim

Comment

Excellent! Hopefully we can give it a bit of a push at Marks Tey on Sunday.
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Not sure enough of the reliability of my 25DC yet to ride that far. Does anyone know if it is OK to bring it on a trailer, is there anywhere safe and convenient to leave the car and trailer?

Comment

Should be OK to park with the Pre 65 scramblers' vehicles, if you can make it through. The Greeves exhibition is usually close by. Be early, though.

Comment

Thanks John. I just looked at the Battlesbridge website and it says you have to pre apply for entry tickets. Is that right do you know? John Wakefield's post seemed to imply that was not necessary. I don't want to disgrace the GRA by being turned away at the gate.

Comment

I usually get in with a pass issued to the Pre 65 Club riders. Perhaps Colin can answer your question if you're attending for the GRA exhibition?

Comment

Up to now it's always been turn up on the day and if you've brought a classic bike drive in for free. There's tons of room, so numbers isn't an issue, but I'll have a look at their website to see if something's changed.

Parking with a trailer is no problem, but it pays to be there reasonably early.
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Just had a look at the Battlesbridge website, events page. The requirement to pre-enter applies to their car shows - that makes sense, cars take up more space than bikes.

They would quite like bike entrants to complete an entry form, basically so they can get you on to their database, but the website specifically says that no passes will be sent out for bike entries.

Pre-enter if you want to, but you'll be fine if you turn up with a classic bike, ridden, trailered or van, you'll be ok. You could even pay the fiver if you like - all proceeds go to support the Battlesbridge Motorcycle Museum.
                          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thanks very much, that is very helpful advice.

Comment

I think fuel economy is more important than colour brian!,wonder how far this liitle bus can go on a full tank of fuel...
                              Last edited by dave higgins; 15/06/2013, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X