No announcement yet.

100 mile Scramble, Mortimer Classic MCC July 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A portable hoist might come in handy for getting them off their bikes.....

Comment

...... and on!

Comment

I certainly need one for modern bikes!

Comment

Hope you fellas enjoy this photo of one the Hawkstone Heroes, Richard Aris from the Saturday event. Great shot of a great bloke equally at home on a big 4stroke. A Genuine guy who rode genuine pre60 & 65 bikes.

This is exiting the 1st steep ascent before dropping back down into the woods before the infamous mount.. Fortunately it was the year the Mortimer club used transponders rather than just rely on the lapscorers. We were No9 by the way.

It was a difficult day with all of us getting stuck at some point during the 3hours of riding. Trouble was if you did break down you had to get the vest back to the pits so your team could carry on and this happened to all of us

We so nearly packed in due to exhaustion, from trying to remove ourselves and the bikes from the mud.

But in true British style we kept calm and carried on

But what a sense of achievement at the end ! Plus of course a nice relaxing beer
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Punchy; 29/06/2013, 07:26 PM.
          Punchy 336

Comment

Good pic rob, i only had a soft drink after the event! as i was riding on the sunday...
            Entries close on the 6th i believe.
            Sorry, it has just been pointed out to me, that my soft drink was followed up by a two gallon lager chaser...

Comment

Hawkstone Heroes

My entry is in Dave and we have a full compliment and the team is all fired up and ready to go. Those new tactics we've devised for this year are sure fire to secure us that win and with sponsors on board as well we can't fail

It took a lot of hard negotiation to get the sponsors on board but once they'd seen us in the flesh it was signed and sealed there and then. Still not quite sure why we have to wear the tenna pads on the outside of our leathers though
              Last edited by Punchy; 30/06/2013, 10:53 AM.
              Punchy 336

Comment

Hi rob, bumped into arthur browning today at the bike bonanza, offered him a chance to ride with us, ( as a spare mind ), funnily enough, he wasn`t that tempted, can`t think why? prehaps he is busy that day...

Comment

Probably heard the rumour that I might be there, Dave, with Nellie, my Hawkstone. Too much competition ............. ??
                  Last edited by johnrunnacles; 01/07/2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Just thought we should get this event to the fore again, it being the main attraction up-and-coming for Greeves riders ............ ??
                    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 08/07/2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Nice thought john, it is looming fast, & the weather looks likely to be dry thankfully, so all set for a good old fashioned two day scramble.
                      I have been invited to join the h/stone heroes this year, so looking forward to that, i don`t know what other greeves teams are racing, but any gra members that have not got a team & want to ride, ( get talking ).
                      Its a cracking event, & last year was well supported by non riding members, helping out, or just generally getting involved which was very much appreciated.
                      ( That drinking water don`t pour itself you know )....
                      John, i trust you intend to get yourself in the mix in some capacity...., i`ll leave it there because i know you like to shroud yourself in mystery...will he won`t he... ...

Comment

That's good news, Dave. The Hawkstone Heroes will take some beating with you on board!
                        Not sure whether I'll be there. I'm a "last minute merchant", so much so that I have missed Mark Bosher's deadline for entering in a riding capacity. Shame, really, because Nellie is just beginning to show some real competitive spirit. At her last proper outing she took me through the two Greeves races without us getting lapped .................. which is good for me, nowadays!
                        Whatever, I'll be with you guys in spirit, so have a good one at Mortimer, and count your blessings on each successful ascent of the infamous "Mount".

Comment

Only one week to go! Hope men and machines are suitably prepared? As the Vicar of Stebbing once famously said, "Go for it, guys!!"
                          Last edited by johnrunnacles; 13/07/2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I'm sorting out the water cooling situation, but we may have to forego the paddling pool...The kids won't let me borrow it!

Comment

Ready to go

Hey guys,

My Hawkstone is prep'd and ready to go. Looking forward to being part of Hawkstone Heroes once again :-) Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0092009/ph...07/9275991655/

See you there, Mike
                              Michael Eustace - www.classicmxrider.com

Comment

Hi Mike looking forward to it also let's hope it's not like 2011 Here's a shot of me from the morning session just to show how wet it was
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	57113
                                Punchy 336

Comment

Working...
                                X