Telford Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telford Show

As some of you know I'm having a bit of a battle with Cancer , started to return before Xmas and have started chemo therapy again .

Saw the Doctor today and he is very pleased with my progress and will see me again on 12th March .

The down side is, I had planned to go to the Telford show with Bill Brooker , the Doctor said no as I might pick an infection , Chemo knocks your immune system flat .

So all those that go have a very good time .

Regards , Chris

Telford Show

Hi Chris, I didn`t know however guessed something was not right,reading your
    posting it comes across that you have had something of a grim day.

I do wish you well Chris, get yourself fit for Battlesbridge, you can show me how to get that Outfit round the course.( I will be in the chair !)

Best Regards Rob.

Comment

Chris, we have never met, but always enjoyed your factual input into the given thread at the time, so wish you well, & keep battleing on, telfords, not that good anyway.... dave.

Comment

Telford Off Road Show 2013

Just a reminder that the Telford Twin Shock, Classic and Road Racing Show is next weekend. It is open 9th and 10th February and the doors open at 10.00am. You can get into the outside 'jumble at 9.00 for an extra three quid.

There will be a Greeves Riders Association stand with various Greeves off-road bikes. Do come and say hello.

The venue is the Telford International Centre TF3 4JH.

See you there!?
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Keep battling Chris, Dave is right about Telford, it is now more a twinshock event.

Comment

telford

Went to Telford on the saturday and the greeves stand was pretty good with 2 very nice MX4 s ,an isdt challenger an a few trials bikes as well , the dot stand was good as well with a very nice RCA twin engined scrambler . There were a few for sale as well , a nice 20TA for £2500, an unrestored original TFS for £3600! ,outside there was a tidy griffon but no price , 2 32A motors complete at £500 each and a complete rebuilt square barreled 32a for £900 . A lot of twinshocks and mostly twinshock stuff in the autojumble but a good show realy ,sammys guzzi v8 sounded well

Comment

32A engines for £500!!! I remember not that long ago when you could pick one up for £25.

Comment

telford show

The show was very good indeed, we had 10 bikes total and got a lot of comments on how well it looked, scramble bikes on one side and trials machines on the other in age related order, with ISDT and Grumph in the centre.

A lot of new members signed up, which was encouraging, and trust next weeks Shepton Mallet show will also be a good one, bikes and parts were at , variable prices and on sunday good bargains could be obtained due to reductions, Saturday was as usual was a better attendance, the intervie,ws all day on stage were excellent.

And for those who have never been to Wrightys shows before ,well next year make it a must.:

Comment

Good show this weekend. Glad to say the promised snow decided to be sleet instead. I hate driving the Transit in snow!

GRA stand visitors of note included Dave Bickers, Bill Brooker, Bryan Wade, Bryan Goss, Johnnie and Pat Brittain and many enthusiastic friends. Best club stand there in my (biased?) view.

Best bike in show was Ian Hodge's 24MX2 Challenger.

Here's a few pics. The first one is a general view of the stand, the second is Badger and Bickers putting the world to rights. Behind Dave (obscured) is Bill Brooker. The next shows how much weight Greg Radley has shed, the fourth is Ian Hodge receiving his trophy from Eric Boocock, Bryan Wade (on bike) and Sammy Miller. Finally a self-indulgent shot of yours truly. And yes, that actually is Rossi's 2011 MotoGP bike! Thanks Chris!
                  Attached Files
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Telford winner

I have to say that I thought the Greeves Challenger was a show winner myself, it certainly has urged me on to get my own MX3 finished!! But that is certainly a high target to aim for I reckon.
                    I did notice the frame number was I think 24mx3c1xxx.
                    Can anyone expain the C1 addition?

Colin

Comment

A case of mistaken identity

That's not Greg's riding number, so must be the slimmer Mike Norris astride his Challenger ............ ?

Sorry, Mike, no offence intended. Just our usual pre 65 banter.........

Have to agree, it was a good Show and an excellent GRA Stand.

John R
                      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 13/02/2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Telford

Great Pictures, I wish I could have gone

In response to crays question to the challenger frame number, if it is 24mx3c1... the C denotes ceriani forks, the 1 is the start of the frame serial number.

My mx4s are numbered in the same way, if banana forks were fitted the frame number would have a B instead of the C.

Scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                          Great Pictures, I wish I could have gone

In response to crays question to the challenger frame number, if it is 24mx3c1... the C denotes ceriani forks, the 1 is the start of the frame serial number.

My mx4s are numbered in the same way, if banana forks were fitted the frame number would have a B instead of the C.

Scotty
                          Thanks for that Scotty, that kinda makes sense, but the 'Telford MX3' had banana not ceriani forks!!
                          (The MX3 at Telford did have a few differences to mine and it was a beaut thats for sure).
                          However my MX3 has banana forks with no 'B' just 24MX31xxx.
                          Many anonomlies exist with Frame/Engine numbers of other marques as well I have found.

Cheers
                          Colin

edited to make sense
                          Last edited by cray; 12/02/2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                            That's not Greg's riding number, so must be the slimmer Mike Norris astride his Challenger ............ ?

Have to agree, it was a good Show and an excellent GRA Stand.

John R
                            Apologies to all concerned. For some reason I thought it was Greg who brought it as he and Lesley were on the stand on Friday when I arrived.

Mike Norris was there all weekend - thanks John, at least I won't make the same mistake in the LL report..
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                            X