Laurie Bird Trial - Suffolk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurie Bird Trial - Suffolk

We had a good day on a new piece of land near Rendlesham Forest. Like Mike, the sun came out and made it quite a pleasant day. We had 3 Laps of fifteen sections, some in sand with good climbs, some in the woods and a couple in a muddy ditch. We also had three routes, yellow (hard route ) red/blue ( middle route ) white (easy route ). There were just over 90 riders. I rode the middle route on the anglian Loosing 14 marks. 10 on one section, a big muddy hole. There were three Greeves entered.

I had a word with Dave Bickers who had wondered over with Pete Smith and John Fryatt to have a look, Chris Ginn was observing on one section.

We were all pleased to see Dave and he is looking well after his operation.

Have put the GRA trial in my diary and it does not clash with any Pre 65 scrambles in this area, so I could be heading your way.

Wishing everybody a good New Year. Terry Sewell

What was the organising club, Terry? I'd have come over and had a look if I'd known it was on.

My own fault for not subscribing to TMX News I guess...
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Laurie Bird

Originally posted by Terry Sewell View Post
      We had a good day on a new piece of land near Rendlesham Forest. Like Mike, the sun came out and made it quite a pleasant day. We had 3 Laps of fifteen sections, some in sand with good climbs, some in the woods and a couple in a muddy ditch. We also had three routes, yellow (hard route ) red/blue ( middle route ) white (easy route ). There were just over 90 riders. I rode the middle route on the anglian Loosing 14 marks. 10 on one section, a big muddy hole. There were three Greeves entered.

I had a word with Dave Bickers who had wondered over with Pete Smith and John Fryatt to have a look, Chris Ginn was observing on one section.

We were all pleased to see Dave and he is looking well after his operation.

Have put the GRA trial in my diary and it does not clash with any Pre 65 scrambles in this area, so I could be heading your way.

Wishing everybody a good New Year. Terry Sewell
      Terry do I take it that Laurie Bird is no longer with us, he was still riding in 2009 so what happened to him. I knew Laurie back in the 70's when I was still riding trials in the Eastern & South Midland Centres. He was one of the top riders in the Eastern Centre.
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 01/01/2013, 04:50 PM. Reason: title added

Comment

Laurie Bird

Hi John,
        You are correct, Laurie is no longer with us. I had riddena couple of trials when he was in attendance and it was a real shock when we heard of his passing.
        Same as John Kendal who passed away last year, what a shock that was.

In answer to you Colin, the trial was held by the Woodbridge club. And the trusty anglian managed to win the intermediate class.

Terry Sewell.

Comment

Working...
        X