Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Motorcycle Days MIDOH USA

Hi all! I have missed ya'll!

We attend this great event every year! This is the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at MidOh in Lexington, OH. This was our Greeves set up this year. Grizzy took 2nd in British Bikes 1960-1970 (yes, not a competition only class ) Craig Vetter handed out the awards. I was soo honored.

This was our set up this year, we went all out! This was Thursday, event doesn't start until Fri, but will let folks in early to set up, so ghost town compared to by Sat Hmm, the non Greeves bike is the 1975 MR175 Elsinore, Mad Maxine just so ya'll know.

We had a blast and met even more folks. We attended a Mid OH British club show...I was in line at the camping buffet and had my Greeves shirt on and a guy said to me "Greeves, cool, but theres no Greeves here!" I told him to look at the northern end of the line up and he would find 4 Greeves, he said.."No, NO, Really...COOOOOL " and took off?

I had to laugh, same place and show and folks and I was looking at all the bikes. The detent in my S25 carb on Grizzy petered out, so I fashioned a piece of sturdy rubber the proper length, slit it down the side and that's what holds the choke up. I was giving the good look over on a very nice Royal Enfield and noticed and LOL that he had a mini bungee cord wrapped around his and it disappeared under the tank. The owner came over and I lol and said, soo, how long did it take you to figure out why your carb was spewing gas like crazy? He laughed and said he was on the freeway with her and she started acting up, spewing gas etc. Took him several go at its until he realized the choke was coming down with any little bump. Thats the moments ya live for, to see a very high dollar bike with the same "rig" as your less valuable, in money anyway bike.

We were also riding about when from far off Dave spotted and Anglian, a rust bucket but running with an elderly gentlman at the helm, we were off in quite a chase. Turned out an Anglian..will post pictures in trials section..complete with lights, including original wipac brake light switch....and orginal headlight with bracket...2 of the answers I have been looking for an example of forever! So happens, found both at the swapmeet! The wipac new and unused, the bracket in a pile of rusted MX 5 and Ranger stuff
    AHHHH a great vintage year!

The gentleman bought bike years and years ago, has done nothing aside fix things as they break, uses her on his farm to this day. Refused any and all offers on her, but took our number just in case, after all we were obvious Greeves lovers
    Attached Files
Working...
X