Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Greeves Championship Standings 2012

Hi everyone,

Final Championship results are attached, along with the results for both races from the final round, which took place at the Pre-65 Motocross Club's scramble on Sunday at Marks Tey in Essex.

Congratulations to Scott on winning the Hawkstone class with Dad, Steve, closely behind in 2nd place and Mike Bell in 3rd.

Ian Cox had a run-away victory in the Challenger class with Mark Hamilton just getting 2nd place in the final round ahead of Andy Zdzylowski.

With Matt Valentine being absent, Mark Bussey didn't take it easy by any means and had two convincing wins to seal the Griffon class, 47 points ahead of Matt with Dave Witney in 3rd.

Mark also took the Overall championship with Matt taking second, just 4 points ahead of Scott in 3rd.

Awards presentation will take place at the Pre-65 Motocross Club's final scramble of the season at Marks Tey on 4th November - the Christmas Cracker Scramble.

Also, a big thanks, as ever, to Dave Harper for making this all possible and also a well done to Adrian for running an absolutely brilliant meeting - probably the best I have ever attended.

Regards, Michael

PS Photo of Steve, Dave and Scott attached also.
    Attached Files
    Michael Eustace - www.classicmxrider.com

And the sun was shining!

Well done Scotty!

I was at CRMC Silverstone taking pictures of Greeves racers - and watching Guy Martin at play on a Suzuki XR69 Post Classic Superbike. Boy, that bloke can ride!

See y'all on 04/11.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Guy Martin

........and he paddles a mean narrowboat, too, Colin, and can make a real mug of tea!

PS Have to agree with everything that Michael has posted about Marks Tey on Sunday. A perfect send-off...............Thank you, All!!
      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 16/10/2012, 05:34 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Congrats to scott & dad, steve, & all other winners in the greeves c/ship, also, i hear, to adrian for pulling another classic event out of the bag, ( he paid me to say that ).., but most importantly, to pay tribute to the leg end, john runnacles.
        A true spit & sawdust moto x hero, now sadly, in retirement, well done john..dave.

Comment

Thank you, Dave. I'm truly touched..............but you knew that, anyway!

jonah

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
            'but most importantly, to pay tribute to the leg end, john runnacles.
            A true spit & sawdust moto x hero, now sadly, in retirement, well done john..dave.
            Call me cynical but I will believe it when I see it! John has been threatening to retire for the last three years. I am sure he will have something lurking in his garage ready for next year.
            John A - 268

Comment

My apologies that this thread has gone a little bit off-track, fellas.

It is supposed to be a celebration of the Greeves Championship series of 2012, and to that end may I refer you back to Michael's original posting at the start of the thread, and to suggest that we all raise our glasses to the successful riders of 2012 and to the great man behind it all, Dave Harper.

Cheers!

jonah

Comment

Originally posted by John-Boy View Post
                ......... I am sure he will have something lurking in his garage ready for next year.
                I certainly hope so! It might be a bit boring without John!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                  My apologies that this thread has gone a little bit off-track, fellas.

It is supposed to be a celebration of the Greeves Championship series of 2012, and to that end may I refer you back to Michael's original posting at the start of the thread, and to suggest that we all raise our glasses to the successful riders of 2012 and to the great man behind it all, Dave Harper.

Cheers!

jonah
                  Quite agree John. Many thanks to Dave Harper for running another successful campaign. How many is it now Dave? Well done too, to all the guys who topped their groups and to the outright winner Mark Bussey. It's difficult to pick out one individual for Man of the series, but for me, it's got to be my personal thorn in the side, young Scott Chappell whose shear endeavour and cheery nature make it a joy to compete with. Thanks again one and all.

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you for all your comments

I am over the moon to finish 3rd overall

I will not be defending my title I am sorry to say

But with the my first baby due very soon I will be spending more time and money at home ( I cant wait )

I will be doing the odd round next year though, I have the 360 Challenger fully rebuilt and nearly ready to try ( I will probably scare me to death after the trusty Hawkstone )

So Mr Runnacles will have to come back and keep the Hawkstone numbers up!

Mike Eustace is up for the series next year, I am sure he will keep you on your toes Adrian

See you all Soon

Scotty 151

Comment

Dave Harper's Amended Final standings

Guess who had been left off the lists?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 19/10/2012, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Scandal

Hi John,

How could Dave leave you off the results?

Maybe he forgot you had entered as it was not raining that day

Scotty

Comment

Thanks Scotty.

It was more likely because they were the only two races I managed to finish all season long!!

PS Colin, Guy Martin is presenting a programme on Channel 4 this weekend (at 8pm on Sunday 21st). It seems that he has become the new Fred Dibnah!!

jonah
                          Last edited by johnrunnacles; 20/10/2012, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X