Greeves Series 2012 - Points after Round 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeves Series 2012 - Points after Round 9

The last round of the Greeves Series, which takes place on 14th October at Marks Tey, looks to be a title decider in all but one of the classes. See attached.

Scotty - you're leading the Hawkstone class by a couple of points over Mike Bell but you've been riding really well so just keep it upright and you'll have it in the bag mate I assume we don't drop the two worst points scoring rounds anymore?

Ian Cox has pretty much tied up the Challenger class with 254 points to Andy Z's 201. Mark Hamilton is in third with 189 so, Andy, you might get third if you're not planning on riding on the last round as I know Mark is riding there.

So in the Griffon class we have Matt Valentine with 299 points ahead of Mark Bussey on 296 and it's much the same in the Overall class - Matt leading Mark by 1 point with 299 points. Mark has been pretty dominant recently and will get a single extra point for each of the two races because he's riding a 250cc Griffon whilst Matt is on a 380. Should be an interesting meetings.

Cheers, Michael
    Attached Files
    Michael Eustace - www.classicmxrider.com

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting the results, as to the championship you lose your worst round of the season, Which is good as it allows for the odd problem.

The whole way the Greeves championship is set up is the work of genius, with the handicap system for different classes, engine size and rider grades etc it makes it interesting and fair for all riders of different abilities and experience levels

I'm looking forward to the season final at Marks Tey.

See you all there

Scotty

Comment

Hi Scotty - couldn't agree more re the handicapping system.

Mike Bell reckons he has no real bad results to drop so that should give you a bit more clear water in the final Hawkstone reckoning

And Looks like you are set for a third overall in the championship - so keep up the good work at Marks Tey (and keep clear of yoour Dad )
      See you all on the 14th
      Cheers Kim
      Last edited by Kim275; 03/10/2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks Kim,

No Pressure then

Are you riding next week or are you going to be grinning marshall again?

Scotty

Comment

Hi Scotty - I'll be racing...................unless we get a Jonah down pour .......then I might consider Marshalling

Comment

Championship final

Only 4 sleeps to go

I'm getting all excited already

See you all Greevesters on Sunday.

Scotty151

Comment

Working...
            X