Copdock Bike Show - Video of Dave Bickers' Hawkstone startup with megaphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copdock Bike Show - Video of Dave Bickers' Hawkstone startup with megaphone

Dave Bickers kindly brought along his original Greeves Hawkstone to display on the Pre-65 Motocross Club's stand at the Copdock Motorcycle Show on Sunday.

The bike is fitted with a megaphone exhaust and Dave Godley - chairman of the Pre-65 Motocross Club - started the machine up. This was the first time I'd heard a bike, let alone a Greeves, with an open exhaust and, boy, was it loud! Dave G then rode the machine in the club's demonstration scramble held in the main arena, much to the delight of a few thousand spectators.

Here's a video of the Dave G starting the machine up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMHLiV7GdAo

Greeves were fairly well represented - at least one example of each scrambles model on the Pre-65 Club's stand and ridden in the demonstration.

In the autojumble, Graham Steward had a couple of Scottish rolling chassis that he sold fairly early on, whilst Chris Huxstable was having a clean out of the shed with a fair amount of Greeves and Villiers parts. Chris also had the square-barrelled Hawkstone that he's advertised in the current LL. It's a mix of parts consisting of a taper-roller beam with scrambles geometry fitted to an SA rear sub-frame, and SCS long rear swingarm modified to fit in the SA rear-end. It has a Dot square barrel but he has the Greeves barrel to fit if the prospective owner would prefer that instead. I believe both engines are either newly or recently rebuilt. A good buy for £1800 for anyone looking for a ready-to-race machine, one which I've seen Chris compete on many times and do rather well in the Greeves Series.
    Michael Eustace - www.classicmxrider.com

I thought this one was worth bumping, especially it so few of you had seen it?

Enjoy!

jonah

Comment

Working...
    X