Founders Day 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Founders Day 2012

Well, despite my fears, Founders Day took place yesterday at Stanford Hall. Decent weather neither too hot nor too cool.

Nine Greeves' on the stand, including Dennis Isles' 1955 20R roadster (see pic) - they don't get much rarer than that - it may be the only survivor (unless you know better), but as they sold less than 40 that year the chances of another still being around are pretty remote.

Not a bad day - Nicely organised by a friendly bunch of enthusiasts and very well attended. Happening of the day? Demonstration by a lady racer of her Scott sprint outfit - on open pipes. Oh that yowl! She could ride well too.

Big jumble with not much Greeves except a complete but tatty 24DC. All the tinware was there, so it would have made a worthwhile project - and it did sell, so if you bought it, please let us know.
    Attached Files
    Colin Sparrow

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
    Well, despite my fears, Founders Day took place yesterday at Stanford Hall. Decent weather neither too hot nor too cool.

Nine Greeves' on the stand, including Dennis Isles' 1955 20R roadster (see pic) - they don't get much rarer than that - it may be the only survivor (unless you know better), but as they sold less than 40 that year the chances of another still being around are pretty remote.

Not a bad day - Nicely organised by a friendly bunch of enthusiasts and very well attended. Happening of the day? Demonstration by a lady racer of her Scott sprint outfit - on open pipes. Oh that yowl! She could ride well too.

Big jumble with not much Greeves except a complete but tatty 24DC. All the tinware was there, so it would have made a worthwhile project - and it did sell, so if you bought it, please let us know.
    I have a 1955 20R3 in the process of being painted and now I also have a 1956 20R3. I also had a nice chat with Denis who is an ex trials and scrambler man.

Comment

[QUOTE=Colin Sparrow;12193] Demonstration by a lady racer of her Scott sprint outfit - on open pipes. Oh that yowl! She could ride well too.
      [QUOTE]

Was that Shelia Neal, the late Ossie's daughter?

Comment

[QUOTE=John Wakefield;12195][QUOTE=Colin Sparrow;12193] Demonstration by a lady racer of her Scott sprint outfit - on open pipes. Oh that yowl! She could ride well too.

Was that Shelia Neal, the late Ossie's daughter?
        Yes it was, to my shame I forgot her name.

Nice lady, had an interesting chat with her. That Scott is quite something. (But then, aren't they all...
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
        X