Nostalgia trial and scramble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia trial and scramble

Went to the Kendal classic club trial and scramble at the weekend and it was a reet good do ! Rode the trial on the sat on the TFS and my nephew rode the Anglian ,typical Cumbrian weather till dinner when it stopped raining but by then the damage was done and it was well muddy, sections were challenging but good and ranged from uphill rocky streams to muddy wooded hill climbs ,2 laps of 20 sections in all , managed to clean a few ,mostly ones and threes and a few fives :-( In all there were 6 greeves riding 2x anglian ,TFS,TES,TDS and what looked like a TAS but had prefix SA in the frame no , originally a twin ? Both bikes ran really well apart from getting too hot due to the mud and both started pinking , they only do it under load , will maybe retard for next trial which is northwest vmcc . Rode scramble on the Sunday on 1974 250 bultaco and had a blast in the mud , only 1 greeves though ,looked to be a big griffon , nice bike , must get the challenger sorted for next year . Arthur and Alan lampkin were guests of honour and it was nice to see them do a lap of the course both goldstar mounted , also present were the purple helmets ,first time I've seen them and they are a class act , the naked big guy on the organ has to be seen its so funny , definitely worth a trip up north

Hi bult360, sounds great.., i went to that scramble, about four years ago, it was a great day, & the sun was shining, which made it easier for us southern jessies!...
    The only downside was that dammed single track lane into the place, it was chaos, with tempers getting a little frayed, hope they have sorted it now. dave.

Comment

Nostalgia

Well,apparently ,they discovered walkie talkies this year and everything was cool ,no frayed tempers and jack knifed trailers in ditches !

Comment

Originally posted by bult360 View Post
        what looked like a TAS but had prefix SA in the frame no , originally a twin ?
        Sounds like a brilliant event.

SA? Started life as a 1958 Hawkstone, probably a 20SA with a 9E, just possibly a 25SA with a 2T.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
        X