Trials Weekend in Surrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials Weekend in Surrey

I've just heard from Roy Enticknap (DOT rider but at least it is 2-stroke!) that he will be holding a trials weekend on 22/23 September 2012.

This will be held near Dunsfold in Surrey. A charity trial will be held on the Saturday in aid of the Surrey Air Ambulance who recently rescued Roy's son who was badly injured in a motorcycle accident. There will be camping facilities and a bar, BBQ and band Saturday evening.

On Sunday, a further trial will be held. There will be 2 routes and Roy promises that the easy route really will be so get out those bikes!

I am awaiting regs but if anyone wants further details, please contact me.

Rob

Hi Rob,
    Can't ride as don't have a classic trials bike - but would be interesting in going down and having a look - can you drop me an email with Regs/details when you get them ?
    Cheers Kim

Comment

Kim,

There's a chance I'm going to ride and if so, I have a spare TES which should be OK although I have not used it myself. I also have the Anglian and an Enfield so no bike is no excuse. We may even lure Dangerous Dick up if he is allowed out to play!

You can always come down here and have a play-around on the farm and see if you can handle the awesome power and tedious rattling noise!

I now have regs which I will mail to you if you let me have your mail address

REGS AVAILABLE FROM ME FOR THIS EVENT.

Come on all you southern Greeves riders - get those bikes out and have a dabble!

Rob

Comment

Hi rob sounds great I would love a ride should be good if we can get a few southern riders together !!! ....hope I can handle the power Though !! And I can repay you with a ride on my Weeny old highly tuned Griffon QUB )) will drop yo a PM with my email address cheers Kim

Comment

Ok, so I've never posted anything on any forum anywhere, but met Rob at the trials weekend hosted by Roy Enticknap on his land in Dunsfold, Surrey, and he was keen I should have a go!
          I rode my fairly standard 61 TDS on both days, losing 9 marks over 3 laps of 10 sections in bone dry warm conditions on the Saturday, which was a fund raiser for the Surrey Air Ambulance, who had attended Roy's son Seth after a life threatening road bike accident, from which he has virtually fully recovered.
          Sunday, however, it rained, and although myself and fellow GRA member Martin Kemp (TES) had only lost a couple on the first lap, we spent the second mostly on the floor so decided to call it a day and retired to the burger van, where we had time to chat to Rob while the heavens opened all around us. A good weekend all round, the bike went well and nothing broke.
          Incidentally, Martin and I rode in Kelvins trial in Leicestershire a few weeks ago, an excellent day out with sections just right, just a shame there weren't more riders, its as much work to lay out a trial for 100 riders as for 10.

I ride mostly in the South Eastern Centre in events that cater for classics, plus Star group events, so do come and say hello, I'll be on a dark (not Moorland!) blue TDS with a white tank, an orange tanked AJS 37A-T, or a Cheetah (with a Greeves ally barrel)

Comment

Working...
          X