Founders Day 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Founders Day 2012.

I received this from Don via email earlier today.

This event is now cancelled for this Sunday due to ground conditions.

The new date for the event is Sunday 2nd September. Details can be found on The VMCC website; www.thetaverners.com

John Rose gave me this information at 5.00pm today. Could someone put this information on The Greeves Website please ASAP.

Thanks, Don.

Duly posted mate, and thanks for letting us know.

Not Cancelled.......Postponed, until the water level falls!
    We have just lost the Uxbridge Autoshow, held in the field next to the A40 where the Ski slope used to be. I was dubious about it and one of my pals went there on Sat morning in his car. He soon went home for his 4x4.....He was towing the Autojumblers in and said to the Organisers that it was farcical to expect 2000 cars and vans to get in, let alone the heavies.
    They did a "Safety Check" at 2pm and cancelled it. Up until then, they had been selling tickets at the local tube station. There's a lot of unhappy people around that area. If they refund everyone, it will bankrupt the company set up to run the event by the local Rotary Club, so they are asking for those who can afford it to treat their entry fee as a donation to the charities, but my guess is that a lot will want their dosh returned.

Comment

Founders Day Rescheduled.

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
      Not Cancelled.......Postponed, until the water level falls!
      Brian, I think Don just wanted to let everyone know asap that the event this Sunday isn't happening due to the conditions, in case they made a wasted journey and were anticipating a GRA prescence.

After some thought, I used Don's wording for the post title as I thought it would grab people's attention, and the post makes the new date for the event pretty clear.

Semantics? On the GRA Forum? Whatever next.....!

Brian.

Comment

No problem!!! I just used it as an intro into the water level bit! This has been a real problem throughout the country, I just hope this goes away soon and normal service is resumed.

Comment

I couldn't agree more Brian. The wet weather has affected so many events (again) this year. Here's hoping the long term forecasts pan out and we get some sun to dry things out.

Comment

normal service

Hi to both brians!!, normal service is being resumed at penslewood, dorset on sunday, bikes are loaded, beer is chilling!!, barby is ready!, rock n roll...

Comment

Working...
            X