Battlesbridge Show 1/7/12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlesbridge Show 1/7/12.

Just got in from the Battlesbridge show , had a really good day , came home absolutely shattered .

Met up with a lot of people I hadn't seen for ages . even met some of the folks of this site that I hadn't met face to face before .

Thanks to Colin Sparrow for the use of a chair to rest my achimg bones in , Dave Harper for putting on good demonstration .

Some really nice restored bikes on display , was really taken by two Grumphs , they could have been production machines they were so good .

Met up with Bill Brooker & Eddy Frost , both delighted to see so many Greeves on show & being ridden .

Chris

Heartily agree about the 2 Grumphs! They were totally different, but both superb. I'll try to put some pics in the forum and in the album section. The grass was slippery, wasn't it Kim! No pics of his off, but I managed 7 of one unfortunate's little contretemps!

Comment

Yes, a great day out and thanks to Chris for kicking the thread off and to Brian for his approval of the day. Lovely to see both of them in attendance, they look much better close up than their ages would otherwise suggest.I wish I knew their secret! A grand display by the scrambles and Grass Track boys, kept us entertained for most of the day. Just a shame only a couple of roadsters on parade during the lunchtime session. Colin Sparrows smooth sounding twin and Barry Keymers Grumph, an impressive looking cafe racer and shod for the road but taken out to grass all the same! The meeting was one of the few blessed this year by not being rain affected, so a good day and certainly one to put on the calender for next year. I'll look forward to Brian posting some pics of the day. Of course, none of it would be possible without Dave Harper organising it all, Thanks Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        Heartily agree about the 2 Grumphs! They were totally different, but both superb. I'll try to put some pics in the forum and in the album section. The grass was slippery, wasn't it Kim! No pics of his off, but I managed 7 of one unfortunate's little contretemps!
        It sure was Brian - the prize for being off the racing line was usually an off
        Great day out

On the bike front I loved Steve and Scotts Challengers - two beauties
        Well done chaps
        Cheers Kim

Comment

Battlesbridge

Hi All,

Totally agree with all the above, a great day indeed

I wish I had the challenger ready to try as it would have been a good oportunity to run the 360 in!!

It was also nice to put faces to forum members on the day!

Also was very nice to meet Monty Banks Junior who filled in the missing gaps on the history of Dads 24MX4, So we now know who all of the owners are of the bike

It was also lovely to see a mk2 Griffon actually going I have only ever seen them as show exhibitions.

Also had a good chat with the mystery Victor MX4 special man, he is also obsessed with mx4s like myself

Well done to Dave Harper and the Pre65 club for another great Battlesbridge.

Scotty 151

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
            Hi All,

Totally agree with all the above, a great day indeed

I wish I had the challenger ready to try as it would have been a good oportunity to run the 360 in!!

It was also nice to put faces to forum members on the day!

Also was very nice to meet Monty Banks Junior who filled in the missing gaps on the history of Dads 24MX4, So we now know who all of the owners are of the bike

It was also lovely to see a mk2 Griffon actually going I have only ever seen them as show exhibitions.

Also had a good chat with the mystery Victor MX4 special man, he is also obsessed with mx4s like myself

Well done to Dave Harper and the Pre65 club for another great Battlesbridge.

Scotty 151
            - Re the Mk11 Griffon - Patrick's bike - I was amazed at the feel and handling of the bike - the combination of the QUB power delivery with the leading axle ceriani's with the laid back Rockshocks - worked very well ...and was fun to ride

Comment

Here's a few Battlesbridge pics:

First we have the Chappells with (from left), Chris, Steve and Scott. That's Steve's newly restored 24MX4 in the foreground.

Next is Barry Keymer's 500cc Triumph/Greeves cafe racer. The engine is on Daytona tune and there is nothing inside that silencer but a bit of perforated pipe. It's loud. I've ridden it (about twenty miles) and it does have some grunt. That seat's a bit hard on the bum thought...

Yes, there was a 280Ti at Battlesbridge, attracting a fair amount of interest. Bill Brooker's comment when Richard started it? "It sounds like a Greeves all right!"

Finally part of the GRA display with the Pre '65 MX lads going round in the background. Robert Brown's immaculate 25DC and wonderful 3TA Triumph/Greeves in the foreground.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 03/07/2012, 08:27 AM. Reason: punctuation, cockups
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Battlesbridge

Hi Colin,

It was nice catching up with you yesterday

Just to let you know the chap on the left in our photo is my uncle Chris not Greg?
                Also the 24MX4 belongs to Dad, the 360 is mine though

Regards

Scott

Comment

Bump

just another bump

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                    Hi Colin,

It was nice catching up with you yesterday

Just to let you know the chap on the left in our photo is my uncle Chris not Greg?
                    Also the 24MX4 belongs to Dad, the 360 is mine though

Regards

Scott
                    Sorry about that Scott. I've amended the post.

(Greg Chappel is an Australian cricketer, now I come to think of it...)
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

That's ok Colin,

Being extra picky there is also two Ls at the end of Chappell

See you soon mate

Scotty

Comment

Working...
                      X