Bike Bonanaza (30/6/12-1/7/12.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Bonanaza (30/6/12-1/7/12.)

Anyone gonna be riding in the bike bonanza trial or scramble this w/end, looks like the weathers gonna hold the dust down, on sunday anyway. dave.

Hi Dave, all the best for the event, here's hoping the weather plays ball so you can all enjoy yourselves! We've got the Battlesbridge demo to keep us amused over here, so suspect there won't be too many making the journey across. Having at least cleaned all the mud off the Hawkstone from last weekend I've just now got to find out what caused it to stop. No doubt water in somewhere! Have a good one and let us know how you get on.

Comment

Hi adrian, looks like a good w/end for all of us then! & there is no truth in the rumour that i`m only going up on the sat, cause theres a beer tent!!..
      Corrosion seems to be the main problem for those of us that ride the older bikes, at present, i think the challenge is to try & make it to the next meeting, before your bike rusts out...
      But i think, its gonna be a slipping & a sliding, at the ponderosa tmrw, the hill should be fun though..., i`ll let you know,& to all the other members going to b/bridge tmrw, then have a good day as well. dave.

Comment

Bonanza

Hi Dave a bit now but Rob Thornton, Greg Radley and myself done the trial (and yes it was wet) Greg also rode in the scramble as well as the trial, I had a ride round in practice and a parade, but the griffon started flooding after about a lap, think that a new carb might help, there wer anbout a dozen gra members there at least. Dick F

Comment

Hi dick, it was a good event, but on a personal level for me, a total mechanical disaster, my little greeves blew a h/gasket in the first race & my bsa had a broken rear shock & g/box probs, great shame, as this is one of the best scrambles of the year, always next year though?. dave.

Comment

Ouch Dave, sounds like an expensive weekend. Sorry to of learn your misfortunes, but have to admire your positive attitude. I thought perhaps you were going to be on your own there, but according to Dick F's post several GRA members did take part or attend. Hope you can get both bikes sorted in time for the next event when/where ever that might be. With all that work in the garage it might at least get you off other domestic duties for the time being! No meetings for me until Gosfield on the 29th, will you be sorted in time for JR's Hillbillies Team debut at Mortimer on the 14th?

Comment

Working...
            X