• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre65 Demo at Battlesbridge 1/7/12.

HI All,

I have just copied this off the pre65 website,

John Collard had put it on there, which i should have done

The annual pre 65 demo at Battlesbridge is coming up on 1st July.

As usual Dave Harper is co-ordinating things, he's asked me to put up a few items to let people know what's happening.
    If you intend to ride and are bringing bikes or you intend to be one of the helpers (not watchers) you must let Dave know, that way he can arrange passes (2 per rider) so that you won't have to pay to enter the showfground. You can call Dave on 01268 727287.
    Cost for riding is £5 per rider.
    Additionally camping is available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Cost is £5 per night. Apparently there is a new toilet block now available.
    For any other queries please call Dave.

John Collard

Thanks for starting a thread on this. Low-key Greeves get-together this year, hopefully with marquee for any concours machines...

I'll be there with the 32Dc and probably that one-owner 20TA that's for sale.

Hope to see some pals there - and maybe blag a ride round...
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hoping I'll get there this year , missed the last three.

See the Doc next week & will ask him not to start any treatment until after the 1st .

Chris

Comment

Urgent Battlesbridge News

The organisers of the Battlesbridge Show have suddenly told us that they will be charging everyone for entry unless they are RIDING a bike into the show or have a pass from the GRA or the Pre '65 Club.

Passes for helpers and for the scramble demo boys can be obtained by writing to Dave Harper or to me with an SAE, but they're limited so they'll have to be restricted to genuine cases only.

I will be negotiating with the organisers to try and get free entry to anyone bringing a bike in a van or on a trailer, so watch this space...

Please pass this information on within the Pre '65 Club so the demo boys know: time is pressing.

If you need an address to write to please PM me.

Colin
        Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 18/06/2012, 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Battlesbridge Demo etc.

Thanks for letting everyone know about this Colin, and to Scott for publicising this years' event on here.

I can't make it this year, but hope you all have a good day.

Brian.

Comment

Reminder.

I'm 'bumping' this thread to keep it in view so as many people get see it as possible.

Brian.

Comment

Admission to Battlesbridge

Got this little glitch sorted:

To gain admission to Battlesbridge Bike Show and hence the Pre '65/GRA area you will have to pay UNLESS:

You are riding a CLASSIC motorcycle. They will be charging for those arriving on modern bikes.

You are bringing a CLASSIC motorcycle in a van or on a trailer - for display or to demonstrate.

You have a Pre '65 Club/GRA pass - obtainable by sending an SAE to Dave Harper to to me. But we only have limited numbers.

HOWEVER: It's a good show, if you don't meet those criteria come along anyway; remember, the whole event is for charity...
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Reminder.

I'm 'bumping' this thread again to keep it in view so as many people get see it as possible.

Brian.

Comment

Bump

Just another Bump

My missus has one of those, the babies due in November

I might name him Bert if its a boy!

Scotty

Also we are taking Dads 24mx4 if anybody missed it at the AGM, Also my fresh build 36mx4 will make it debut aswell the 360s built to race, so is not catalogue correct im affraid, but never the less is a well within the spirit of things.

Scotty

Comment

Congratulations!

That's fantastic news mate! Many congratulations!!!

Good call on the name too...!

Really happy for you Scott.

Brian.

Comment

Bump

Thanks mate

See you soon.

Scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                        Just another Bump

Scotty

Also we are taking Dads 24mx4 if anybody missed it at the AGM, Also my fresh build 36mx4 will make it debut aswell the 360s built to race, so is not catalogue correct im affraid, but never the less is a well within the spirit of things.

Scotty

Many congratulations Scott!!!!!

All the very best to all your family,

Cheers,
                        Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andy

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                            Just another Bump

Scotty

Scotty
                            Hi Scott,

Don't worry about catalogue correct, I always reckon that no competition machine is likely to be so, we always mod them right from the word go, don't we. Although it has to be said, sixties Greeve could be put into competition straight from the factory - unlike many of their rivals.

Congrats on approaching sprog. Don't forget it's spelt "Bertrum"...

See you Sunday,

Colin
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Battlesbridge

Thanks Colin,

See you sunday

I cleaned the Hawkstones yesterday

What a job!!!!!

They look reasonable now, we are taking them both on Sunday to show with the 2 mx4s we have restored

Scotty

Comment

Working...
                              X