Wash out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wash out

I never did enter the Owselbury meeting due to a couple of reasons, but was all up to go with a couple of mates untill Sunday mornings heavy deluge. I am glad we did not go as looking on the Web I see it was cancelled on the Thursday! a lot of fuel and time could have been wasted, I suppose the moralto bear in mind is allways check the WEB SITE OF THE CLUB, but I am sure some people might just have gone if Sat and Sunday had turned out fine

Comment

It seems a shame there won't been an impromptu meeting of the Greeves riders at Mortimer this year chaired by John on 'Runnacles Mount' , but I'm sure if its as wet as last time one of us will no doubt oblige

it reminds me of that old joke repeated by the fourstroke brigade

'What do you call a bunch of greeves riders in a field' ....... A Thicket!

Punchy
      Punchy 336

Comment

Sam Appleton has posted a total cancellation for Monday's event. The replacement track at Marks Tay is almost as bad as the Stebbing sailing Center! Perhaps we could use the other side of the bank at Maylandsea!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
          Sam Appleton has posted a total cancellation for Monday's event. The replacement track at Marks Tay is almost as bad as the Stebbing sailing Center! Perhaps we could use the other side of the bank at Maylandsea!

Probably just as well - with all that mud, how would we clean our bikes afterwards, with the ever-present hosepipe ban????!!!!!

Cheers,
          Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
            Mortimer coming up in two weeks, after two wash outs last season, it can`t happen a third time can it?....
            Apparently it can Dave!
            Not only has the 7 May Marks Tey meeting been cancelled but so has the Mortimer meeting on 13 May. Excess rain in both cases.
            John A - 268

Comment

Thankfor posting John .....
              Fair enough for this weekend but cannot see why Mortimer is cancelled this early !!! John R will miss the Mortimer summit

Comment

I am gutted kim, i haven`t turned a wheel yet!, but i did phone the mortimer club & apparently, the cancelation is not down to the weather, whilst the working parties were setting out the track, they came across the remains of two of last years riders.
                Drowned they said, then slipped back into the mud...., ah well, next time!

Comment

So that is where greeves246 disappeared to .

Chris

Comment

Nice one chris, best let sleeping dogs lie though....

Comment

...........and can I express my profound apologies and sincere condolences to both families.......

Comment

.........and who's going to tell Dave Harper that his lap-scoring has failed him? Perhaps we need to engage Brian Hanrahan to stand beside him?

Comment

Hi John - Dave probably still gave them bonus points......not sure what rider grade they get for this season though

Comment

It'll depend on whether they continue to be accepted as Late entries, I guess?

Comment

Working...
                            X