Gra agm 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gra agm 2012

Haven`t heard a lot about the agm this year, any surprise celebs?, i can get you timmy mallet for £20...

GRA AGM 2012 'Special' Guest...???

Wotcha Dave,

Don't know how accurate this info is, but I heard a rumour that 'Mavis' from the kebab van on the A4260 had been booked to do a turn.....

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 15/03/2012, 07:55 PM. Reason: Pic added, followed by a good rinse with Detol!!!!

Comment

Is rolf harris still available?

wow!!!, now she is good, she looks a lot prettier in your photo, than when i last saw her slumped over the bins at pizza hut, her dissapearing football trick is still being talked about at my local parish councill meetings.....
      Although Brian, i was thinking more john pease, than mushy peas, still beggers..etc

Comment

GRA Mobile Hospitality Suite refurb.....!

Speaking of mushy peas, I'm not sure about the catering for this year's AGM either mate.....

Rob sent me an email a few weeks ago, and told me that he'd been looking into uprating the cooking facilities in the GRA Mobile Hospitality Suite. Sadly, the 'firm' he used to undertake the refurb were less than reputable, and an unfortunate incident occured during 'testing'......

As I said to him at the time, if you pay peanuts, you get monkey's wrapped in bubblewrap wearing boiler suits.....

Members will be no doubt relieved to hear that repairs are well underway and proceeding well, thankfully. After all, the GRAMHS has survived Dicky's best efforts with a calour gas bottle, so this is nothing more than a minor prang in relative terms!!!

http://www.colinfurze.comUncle fuz thought people just want to get on, and stopping for food slows you down but not anymore get your food while you move just...

WARNING! This film clip contains some swear words!

Can I have some bean please!

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 15/03/2012, 08:42 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

.....:...
          But i think i`ll be taking sandwiches..

Comment

Who ate all the pies/sandwiches/crisps/sausage rolls etc etc.....?!

Very wise mate. Even when we did organise a buffet (free to GRA members), taking a pack-up with you was the only way to be sure of getting some nosh at lunchtime, thanks to the 'I've paid my five pounds, I'm having at least three stacked plate-fulls' types amongst the non-GRA member guests.... Nice.

Mind you, you really need to be a musician (acclimatised through many years 'on the road' eating at greasy spoons at three in the morning after a gig...) to have a digestive system capable of dealing with one of Mavis's kebabs....

Yum!

Brian.

Comment

Bout time Bill Brooker was asked to be the guest .

Chris

Comment

Bill Brooker.

Hi Chris,

That'd be fantastic, great suggestion! I reckon you'd do a mighty fine job yourself mate, come to that.

Brian.

Comment

Chris - it would be great if we could get Bill or you!

In the meantime, we may have to get the old tassles fitted on Brian again and wheel him out!

Food will be available from the hall cookhouse - last year it was very good and reasonably priced.

Comment

GRA Feather Boa Dept.

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    In the meantime, we may have to get the old tassles fitted on Brian again and wheel him out!
                    No worries mate, but you may need some bigger wing nuts.....I think I've gone up a couple of cup sizes since the last time.....

Any chance I can borrow your pants again....?

We've been truly blessed with some fantastic guest speakers for the AGM in recent years Rob, but I know you'd agree that Chris's talk at the old factory site for the GRA 25th Anniversary event at Battlesbridge in 2009 was truly exceptional. I was so glad I was there to hear all those wonderful stories and anecdotes, especially in that location! Factual, informative and hugely entertaining, I'm sure all the Greeves enthusiasts present will never forget it. It was a privelidge to be there. +++++

Now, if only we could get Chris to do it WITH Bill.....now that would be something very special indeed....

(It's either that or it'll have to be the tassles again Chris....!)

Brian.

Comment

If Bill can do it , he does have some health issues , you might get three for the price of one ,Bill , me & Eddy Frost , Greeves sales manager .

The only problem being that all of us have health issues .

I'll pass on Bill Brookers phone number & address to Rob & Brian .

Chris

Comment

agm

I think that Andrew King has been tempted to give us all some info on the old Greeves factory etc, but I could be wrong.

I expect somebody will corect me if this is not right

Comment

Dick - Correct, Andrew is coming down on Monday for a rehearsal (not a dress rehearsal, Brian!)

Not too sure of the plan yet but Andrew is really keen and has it all worked out!

Mike E is just tying things up with the Hall in case we need any extra facilities.

Rob

Comment

Will there be room for me to put on a small photo display, or maybe a slideshow?

Comment

I'm sure we could fit that in.

Do you have a PC projector Brian?

Comment

Working...
                              X