Telford Show 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telford Show 2012

I ignored all the travel advice & warnings and ventured to the 'off road show' at Telford yesterday. Really glad I did (roads were fine from Oxford to Telford)
    This show seemed so much bigger & better than 2 years ago I reckon.
    A fine sprinkling of Greeves & variants of Greeves was on display together with the GRA display (liked the grasser by the way).
    Sadly the vendors trying to sell their tat sorry their wares at 'bargain' prices were there as well.
    A bike for sale that caught my eye was an 'original condition' Greeves TFS (only made for 1 year you know) very rare ( well they are with a fibre glass tank & ally wheels I suppose ) attttt.......................................
    well lets say I wouldn't pay half the price that was on it.
    All that aside well worth the effort to get there and for 10 quid (£3.50 to park) not a bad day out.

Colin.

Colin

Well, we did our best with the GRA stand and attracted a lot of visitors, some of whom had very interesting tales of times gone by. A good selection of bikes were brought along by members for which we were very grateful. Incidentally, the little 'moorland red' grass bike is owned by GRA member Dick Faggetter.

I agree on the way prices have rocketed. £500 for a pair of Griffon wheels - at least, I presume it was a pair as the price tag was only on one of them! How about a frame with a few bits to go with it for £995 - late rear half married to an early beam complete with ball-bearing headstock?! Or even a Bultaco trials bike for £7,750 - a bit special though?

On the whole, an excellent weekend despite the weather with an awful lot crammed into the halls. It certainly attracted a large turnout of GRA known villains, eh Druid?

Rob

Comment

Yes the prices are shall we say optomistic (aka fantasy)
      The TFS I mentioned was £2995!!!
      Jeez I would take that for mine (not really)
      The GRA stand was complemented I think by the grasser, but then I am biased. Maybe one day my Hagon will meet Dick's who knows?
      Well done to GRA members for manning the stall and to those who loaned their machines.
      Good show to get the year started I feel.
      Sadly will miss Shepton & Stafford this year due to work.

Colin

Comment

Looks like we could have a Grasser's race at Battlesbridge then!

Comment

Telford

I went on the Saturday. There was more Greeves stuff for sale than I expected, although I think most of it was overpriced but then I have got a long memory.

I personally don't mind the prices rising, but I've virtually got all I need, it just increases my pension. However I would feel slightly embarrassed to ask some of those prices, even though I am a genuine villain Rob.

It's the first time I've had a close look at the pre 65 trials Bantams and James etc. What a travesty, it even makes the pre 65 scramblers look original.

Druid

Comment

I think a spec sheet should be drawn out for all the Pre-65 Trials bikes, listing wheelbase, ground clearance and seat height, all taken from an original. Then Greeves prices will really rocket!

Comment

Well done John, glad to see you are paying attention to the forum, just checking!

Well, a Bultaco at £7,750, a 'James' last year at over £7k and a 'Bantam' about the same, then £8k for a genuine TFS would be about right!

Did you see the very original, unrestored Scottish on the Aqueduct Trials Club stand? It went up Pipeline last year for a dab! Now that's what you call Pre-65!

Comment

Good selection of bikes on Greeves motorcycle stand and a familiar face !!
                Bikes included
                Kev 72 C TFS 250 Scottish Alec Wright bike
                Don Smith works 63 scottish TCS Frame TDS front end
                1959 TA Scottish
                Modern 280 ti 2011 Scottish Six day bike riden by Phill Hanlon
                TES Scottish 1965 XKY 542 possible Arthur Lampkin bike
                1968 Anglian replica built in 2011
                360 challenger
                Attached Files
                Last edited by STEVE A; 10/02/2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X