Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chehalis 'The Farm' 2011-photos added to my profile

Hi all,

I have added a new photo album of the AHRMA Premier/Classic event here in Washington that I thought might be of interest. Incl. Greeves, DOT, Cotton and AJS.

Paul

Thanks for posting the pictures Paul.

It looks as though it was a nice laid-back event with some classic bikes. Straight through exhausts too.
    John A - 268

Comment

Paul ,

Is that kenny Sykes Pathfinder there ?.

Chris

Comment

Hi John-Boy and Chris,

It is indeed Ken Sykes Pathfinder. It was a very good weekend and best of all it had a race just for Villiers powered motorcycles. The Premier/Classic weekends are alot more relaxed and low key than the national events that AHRMA puts on. I counted about 8 Greeves incl. trials bikes at the farm this year

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by riflegreen View Post
          Paul ,

Is that kenny Sykes Pathfinder there ?.

Chris
          Hi Chris and Paul.

Yep...that is my Pathfinder...did rather well that weekend.

Also the Griffon and my MDS with the banana forks. My dad came home with this Greeves when I was just thirteen. The former owner was my dad's friend Fred Carrillo of the famous Carrillo Connecting Rods.

Thanks for posting the pics Paul.

Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Bearingman View Post
            Hi Chris and Paul.

Yep...that is my Pathfinder...did rather well that weekend.

Also the Griffon and my MDS with the banana forks. My dad came home with this Greeves when I was just thirteen. The former owner was my dad's friend Fred Carrillo of the famous Carrillo Connecting Rods.

Thanks for posting the pics Paul.

Kenny
            Kenny all great bikes - but I especially love that 250 Griffon !! - what year is it?
            Cheers Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
              Kenny all great bikes - but I especially love that 250 Griffon !! - what year is it?
              Cheers Kim
              Hi Kim,

Thank you very much. It is Kathy's favorite as well! She remembers them the best sitting on display at Nicholson Motors.

It is a model 56C...1970. It was a complete mess when I purchased it many years ago. Someone fitted Metal Profiles in Ceriani yokes. The barrel was modified with radial fins and holes drilled everywhere. The lower end was junk.

It really is a well sorted Griffon now and has been very reliable. It handles extremely well once I sorted it to my liking. Lately I have been riding my MX4 with the long stroke motor for a change, but it seems I always go back to my Griffon...I had my first Griffon at 15...still have that one as well.

Cheers!
              Kenny

Comment

Chehlis

Although I live in the UK I worked in Tacoma,USA between 1996 and 2001. I had the fortune to go to this show in Chehlis around 2000. It is like nothing I have seen and the number of working European bikes of all makes and in superb condition was something to behold. Everybody was so friendly and once they heard this strange accent I was invited on numerous times to have a go of their bike. I would urge anybody who might visit the area when the show is on to put it a must do list

Comment

Working...
                X