Copdock Bike Show 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copdock Bike Show 2011

Any fellow Greeves members going to the Copdock Bike Show in Ipswich this Sunday?
    I went last year and really enjoyed it so going again this year too. I expect there will be a Greeves stand there am I correct?
    Andrew,

Greeves stand at Copdock

I dont think there is a Greeves stand this year, seem to remember reading in LL that Robert Brown was giving up & no one else came forward to orgainise it.

Comment

Should be some Greeves there, though, especially competition models. A little bird tells me there will be some from the Pre 65 Club.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, sad that there will be no Greeves stand this year. Still a good event though.

Comment

Copdock

Expensive to go in at £8. Not much in the way of classic stuff these days mostly modern bikes & Harleys. Lots of cheap tat stalls, not a lot of autojumble

Comment

Saw lots of nice classic bikes inside the two sheds last year John.

Comment

Copdock/Ipswich Transport Museum

Maybe, but the show has changed from the old Copdock days. More commercial with stands selling just general market tat, & loud head banging rock music. (But Dave Pink will be there with his Greeves autojumble)
              Its got too big & commercial. Not a patch on Battlesbridge. Unlike Battlesbridge they dont let the vintage & classic bikes in free (unless pre booked). Everyone exhibitor or not pays the full price £8. Bikes have to park outside the event. I will be in Ipswich tommorrow but at the Ipswich Transport Museum Eastern Counties 80 years bus running day. Well worth a visit if you get bored with bikes. Bus rides are free & museum entry only £6.50 £5.50 seniors, they even have some bikes in the museum which is well worth a visit.

Sunday 2 October 2011 Come and Ride on Our Buses 2011
              The biggest museum event of the year. Free bus rides on our own and visiting buses with a special emphasis on Eastern Counties 80 years after the company was formed in 1931. though the green buses of Ipswich Corporation will not be neglected. Free bus link to the town centre and railway station.
              Event Prices:
              Adult £6.50
              Children £4.40
              Concessions £5.50
              Family £18.00
              (2 adults plus 3 children)

Last edited by John Wakefield; 01/10/2011, 09:09 PM. Reason: Added text

Comment

Working...
              X