Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marks Tey 18th Sept 2011

Hi All,

Just a reminder that there is a Pre65 Scramble at Marks Tey on Sunday.
    The Greeves Championship is included in the meeting, we are up to round 9 already
    Where has the year gone!

Look forward to seeing you all there,

ps i have ordered a dry day, as the last 2 have been very wet

Scotty #151#
    Last edited by scott151; 16/09/2011, 09:16 AM. Reason: forgot something

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
    Hi All,

Just a reminder that there is a Pre65 Scramble at Marks Tey on Sunday.
    The Greeves Championship is included in the meeting, we are up to round 9 already
    Where has the year gone!

Look forward to seeing you all there,

ps i have ordered a dry day, as the last 2 have been very wet

Scotty #151#
    Hi Scott,

I will definitely be there this time, despite the fact that I still don't have an entry confirmation, yet again! What have I done to upset these people?!

See you there,

Cheers,
    Andrew

Comment

Andrew, in my experience, your address needs to be checked with the organisers. I get mail for no 57, but live at 52. The residents at 57 use a continental 7 with a mid-stroke. The Post Office reads it as 52. Anything that can cause confusion will do so.
      I hope Scott's forecast is better than the one I've seen. If it's not too bad, I'll come and do some more photos. I'm going to do a compilation for anyone interested, and will download to CD later in the season.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Catt; 16/09/2011, 05:15 PM. Reason: Pic added

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
        Andrew, in my experience, your address needs to be checked with the organisers. I get mail for no 57, but live at 52. The residents at 57 use a continental 7 with a mid-stroke. The Post Office reads it as 52. Anything that can cause confusion will do so.
        I hope Scott's forecast is better than the one I've seen. If it's not too bad, I'll come and do some more photos. I'm going to do a compilation for anyone interested, and will download to CD later in the season.
        Hi Brian,

The more pics the better in my opinion! I love looking at all those old enduro pics on speedtracktales - If those pictures hadn't been taken there would be no visual record of the events at all. Many thanks!

I always include an SAE with my entry, but, interestingly I live at no. 7 and I cross my sevens! I'll be off to No. 2 in a minute!

Cheers,
        Andrew

Comment

Re Speedtracktales, I was sorry to see it go down, but Taff seemed to be paying a fortune for the website, and couldn't afford it any more. I was able to supply him with some of my ISDT pics, but they were just a drop in the ocean in the fantastic site that he created, almost by accident. He told me that the content has been taken over by a German contributor, but, as yet, I have not been able to find any trace.
          Taff will sell you a CD of the site if you are interested, google Taff the Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
            Re Speedtracktales, I was sorry to see it go down, but Taff seemed to be paying a fortune for the website, and couldn't afford it any more. I was able to supply him with some of my ISDT pics, but they were just a drop in the ocean in the fantastic site that he created, almost by accident. He told me that the content has been taken over by a German contributor, but, as yet, I have not been able to find any trace.
            Taff will sell you a CD of the site if you are interested, google Taff the Horn.
            Hi Brian,

I found it:

Cheers,
            Andrew

Comment

Great! I'll investigate the site later to see if it has been taken over and can still be added to.

Comment

Got sent home early from this event for making too much dust! Bit of a problem as the A12 is right next to the track, and it got very dusty. Pic of Scott on his 1960 Hawkstone, before the dust got too bad!
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Brian,

It was nice meeting you today, sorry my riding was poor today, i had a good start in race1 until it got stopped, then on the restart i couldnt see for dust, race2 was just as poor.

Thanks for the photo it looks nice

I look forward to seeing the others you have taken at the last few meetings.

Scotty #151#

Comment

Scott, nice to meet you and your folks, also Kim and his Pop. Great event spoiled a bit by the dust and somewhat solid ground. It really needed a bit of water on it. Needless to say, it poured with rain on the way home! Unfortunately one rider found out how hard the ground was and needed a trip to hospital with a probable broken leg or ankle.
                    As I told several people, I'm making up different files of photos for each rider, and will be giving them CDs of their activities later in the year. After I have sorted this crop of photos, I'll put some in a file on the Community section.

Comment

Hi Brian - keep up the good work with the camera - and also thanks for assistance with the troublesome MDS .........................Looking back on the event it was a lottery with the dust - and the layoout was more akin to trials than scrambles - for the first half of the circuit anyway !!

My dad had a great day - meeting and talking to greeves enthusiasts - a reminder of how friendly and supportive pre-65 members are for riders who have bike problems.....

For any of those interested Terry Stone has put a link on the Pre 65 club forum - with many action shots of the greeves races...........

Scott - my favourite is img 0069.....

Looking forward to Maylandsea already !!
                      Cheers Kim

Comment

Working...
                      X