Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maylandsea Scramble this weekend 28/8/11.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maylandsea Scramble this weekend 28/8/11.

This weekend sees another round of Dave Harpers Greeves Series in action at Maylandsea. No less than 43 are entered ranging from a 197 '58 Hawkstone to a 380 '74 Griffon. There are two all Greeves races along with the normal events containing a rich mixture of Scramblers from the past. It's a fun weekend starting with a one lap cycle race for allcomers, Tots to Totterers, there'll be a raffle too, to raise funds for the SJAB and, weather permitting, a Triathlon to take place during the interval. High tide is 13.00hrs. Racing starts at 11.00. If you fancy acting as a Marshal then you would be most welcome although you'd need to sign on for this before 09.30. The Club contributes £20 towards your expenses for the day as well as a Burger and cup of tea at the interval. Should be a great day out. On top of that I believe entry is free!

Sounds great adrian, good to see that your making it more of a excessable event for the family & spectator alike, like the cycle race!, nice touch...
    I think many people attend meetings as much for the social side as well as the racing itself, so good luck to yourself & all the other crew in the greeves series, i`ll come over next year to this event, if i can find my armbands... dave.

Comment

"This weekend"??? Any particular day, or what? I might pop over to take some pics if nothing more goes wrong at home (or hospital)

Comment

It's on Sunday (28 August) Brian.

Be there!

With best regards,

The mobile Chicane!

Comment

Thanks John, I'll do my best to make it, see you there.

Comment

For those that haven't been to Maylandsea - It is an idyllic location - on a small backwater of the Blackwater estuary. The track is right next to the dyke - which affords a great viewing location for spectators. A lot of competitors camp out on the sat and sunday evening.

It is of course (as Adrian is the organiser) one of the best run events that you could go to - and a lot of fun for competitors, families and spectators.

The Trialthalon is a feature - 2 laps of motocross - a swim out to a buoy and back and then a cycle round the track.......watch out for Adrian with his old Racing bike mixing it with the mountain bikes

Comment

Working over BH so sadly unable to go this year. Great venue, good for spectators too.

Comment

Good event, shame about the rain at lunch time! I took about 250 pics mostly of Greeves and once I sort them out and resize down some of them, I'll post in the albums section. Meanwhile here's 2 likely suspects!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                  Good event, shame about the rain at lunch time! I took about 250 pics mostly of Greeves and once I sort them out and resize down some of them, I'll post in the albums section. Meanwhile here's 2 likely suspects!
                  Nice pics Brian, looking forward to seeing the others especially as I was unable to attend the event myself.
                  Andrew.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                    I don't know about just being suspects, that one in the green is definitely Guilty. He's been posing as a Scramble rider for years and getting away with it.

Comment

Well done in getting photographic evidence of that little Green Man, Brian.

It was good to meet you on Sunday, by the way.

Sorry I didn't give you another photo opportunity, but I had to withdraw from riding with a leg injury after my off in the first Greeves race - at least, that's my excuse for dodging my next scheduled outing in the rather more damp conditions prevailing over the Pre 60 race after the interval (?)

Looking forward, now, to seeing your other photos.

John R

Comment

Nice pics Brian and likewise nice to meet you .......Like Adrian - I am also probably guilty as charged - Looking forward to the rest of the Greeves pics -
                        For me not best day - the pace at the front of the Greeves was fast in the first race - and unfortunately lots of incidents - first race red flagged and then I was runing good in 4th in re-run until a collision .... and then very slippery in the second. Mike Bell again proved an ace in the slippery conditions - passing me (11th) after a slow start - and ending up 7th on his Hawkstone - that was ride of the day
                        Cheers Kim
                        Last edited by Kim275; 02/09/2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to get the pics sorted out, but as my dear old Mum is in hospital at present, I'm a bit short on time for these things. I'll try to make more progress early next week.

Comment

Working...
                          X