Agm 2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agm 2011.

Got L & L - surprised at decision - no free buffet - has anyone an idea of what food will be available ?

Agm

Hi.

I'm trying to make AGM, but am needed at another Event as Medical Cover........will do my best.

As to the Buffet.....We always had a problem here ever since the first time we used Exeter Hall. Yes it was very good, but each year it got more & more expensive. Then we never knew how many would turn up. With a 'general' membership level of between 750 - 1000, to get 10%, about 60 - 70 people, was good. But even so, you then need to cater for over 100 to account for family & friends. The awkward decision was once taken to limit it to GRA members only, but this was an agonising choice as policing it was unpopular, after all, the GRA is above all a friendly group.

Whilst the AGM is an essential, legally required and, (since being at Exeter Hall), brilliant GRA Day Event, I agree that the Club shouldn't spend too much on that 10% who can attend, whilst 90% get no immediate benefit. I dare say that Don Heath can expand further on Finances, etc.,

Personally as the 3rd of April is my */@! Birthday, I'm looking forwards to my Birthday Cake, although if its up to my son, it'll probably be a McDonalds Happy Meal again !

Comment

Food will be available to purchase at the AGM this year from the hall snack bar. It is very reasonably priced and looks very good. We took the opportunity of checking it out when a committee meeting was held in the hall at the time another event was taking place.

Rob

Comment

Working...
      X