Visitors & Export Bike Sales Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitors & Export Bike Sales Lists

Had two unexpected visitors yesterday , Bill Brooker the ex Greeves Comp Manager & Eddy Frost the factory sales Manager .

We spent quite a few hours going over old times , I asked Eddy where the exports sales list were kept , apparently they were in a different filing cabinet to the home market list .

There were six cabinets , fortunately I "found" the home market lists but not the export ones . As the cabinets were cleared by a scrap man , I think it 100% sure that the export lists no longer exist .

Chris Goodfellow

I was afraid that might be the case, Chris, but never mind, what a resource the home sales list has been over the years. You did so well saving those!

I wonder if Kenny Sykes or Frank Conley have any of Nick Nicholson's import records..?
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

Export bikes

Hi Colin, Apparently the guy who used to own ALLMAKE MOTORS here in South Australia is still alive and he has got all the records of the Greeves bikes he imported, I will try my best to get in touch with him and see if he is willing to let us take copies of them.

Comment

Wow, yes please Geoff!
        Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 18/01/2011, 09:32 AM. Reason: Spelling
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Export bikes

Colin , "Good news" I have made contact with the guy his name is Frank Gallery and he has all of the records of all of the Greeves that came to south Australia and the names of the people who bought them. Frank is well into his eighties now and he is suffering from a broken arm but all that aside he will give us a copy of the records he said it might take a while because of his broken arm but very positive it will happen, as soon as i get them I will pass them onto you.

Comment

Excellent news, Geoff. Well done and what a great addition to the Archive. I'll let Peter Smith have a copy for authentication purposes.
            Colin Sparrow

Comment

east coast er

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
              I was afraid that might be the case, Chris, but never mind, what a resource the home sales list has been over the years. You did so well saving those!

I wonder if Kenny Sykes or Frank Conley have any of Nick Nicholson's import records..?
              i would like to find the american numbers as i have a east coaster from kentuky and would like to find the engine numbers
              the bikes only done 6000 miles ! also need a set of bars ?

Comment

Adrian Dickinson does the bars, though you will need to get them chromed. They are 'Bickers' style MX bars.
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/02/2011, 07:11 AM. Reason: Change of text

Comment

Working...
                X