Old Bike Mart Issue 446

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Bike Mart Issue 446

I'm not going to tread on John Wakefield's toes with a list of sales bikes, but the editorial section has a continuing feature (very interesting) of the A to Z of motorcycle manufacturers. This issue has Invacar as one of the makes. Quite a good explanation of the rise and fall of the Invacar market, but the last paragraph has me a little puzzled! It implies that the Ministry of Health contract "would give Bert Greeves the funding to concentrate on motorcycles and led to the establishment of his eponymous company - with Derry Preston Cobb as sales manager". I'm led to believe that there never was a company by the Greeves Motorcycles name, but presumably Bert sold his Invacar shares and whatever company bought those, they used their own trading company names. Can anyone clarify this situation?

Brian. Correct Greeves traded as Invacar Ltd not Greeves Motorcycles, but Richard Deal registered Greeves Motorcycles Ltd to trade in new Greeves. Apparently he also owned Invacar Ltd up to 4 July 2017 when it was dissolved. The name Invacar Ltd was therefor available to buy, which member David Mace has just done https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...10-invacar-ltd

Comment

Working...
    X