1967 hare and hounds desert racing mx5,s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 hare and hounds desert racing mx5,s

courtesy of Dan Vitaletti -- Desert racing in 1967 lots of greeves footage and smoking with petrol present not for faint hearted ! died in wool racers ! if you have a american mx5 like me possibly it might have been in this film !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a64niu0db8

gary

I watched this yesterday, 800+ entrants but only 200 finished. The winner on a 360 Husqvarna, second on a Triumph and third on a BSA - 250 Greeves in fourth place. Some excellent shots from a low-flying helicopter.
    John A - 268

Comment

Cracking Film!

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting this, really good watch.

And Dan, be great to see you posting on the forum.

Many thanks for finding this gem for us all to enjoy.

And to all the viewers (78 and counting)....how about it guys, a bit of appreciation wouldn't go amiss, now would it....

Thought this was supposed to be an interactive forum, not an on-line verion of 'Leading Link'.....

Brian.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/01/2014, 11:14 AM. Reason: Additional text.......

Comment

desert racing

Just watched this. What can i say. Bin nice knowing you all,im emigrating(i wish) superb footage.

Comment

bishop

if you stay in bishop motel 6 they advertize places to ride as theres a big off road place in nevada ! you all !!! would love it there our country is over populated with the crap of eu

Comment

oops

I see one guy " unloaded " in the canyon, looking at it again, i think unloaded was the right word..., wasn`t daring dick was it?......

Comment

Canyons make great echos....

Yes, an excellent example of the fabled 'flying w' Dave.....(ouch!)

Meanwhile...the views keep coming (100 and counting) and four of us have posted something to acknowledge Dan's and Gary's effort in providing our entertainment today...

If somebody posts something on the forum, I'll bet they'd want to see some responses when next they log-on....bet it'd be the first place they'd look, and very understandably. If there's nothing in response, or very little, is that encouraging them to post more...?

There is obviously an interest, so I wonder what are people afraid of that stops them posting something, or is it something else.....

Brian.
              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/01/2014, 08:24 PM. Reason: Additional text....

Comment

something else!!!, what does it mean?, could it be brian, that most people have story to tell or info of a recent event etc, but won`t post it, because they think it might not be of general interest to members.
                Unfortunately, if people don`t, the the forum gets very very grey & dull, with only the same few names posting, then everybody gets sick of those names ( yours & mine included...... ) then switch off completely... which is fair enough, but its an important asset to the gra & a good quick source of info, so i guess if you enjoy it, then its a case of use it or lose it. .
                Sorry for hacking your thread to pieces gary, but it was all done in the best possible taste.....

Comment

Flying W's....

I'm sure you're right Dave, and that's at least one reason....and I appreciate that not everyone feels comfortable coming forward with a new thread. But when someone does, like here, it would be nice to see a few posts, even just a basic one liner like 'good film' or something, just to encourage those who do try...Otherwise, as you say, it falls back to the same old faces, and I agree with what you said there as well, which is why I've stepped back again recently in the hope that others may come forwards....we live in hope... And let's be brutally honest here, we know what happens when the regulars get fed up with a lack of response and stop posting.....

Back to the film, some of the footage looks very familiar from the classic 'On Any Sunday', especially that shot of the near miss in the pits....!! I thought they did a really good job with the editing and music as well, very appropriate to the subject matter.

Re 'On Any Sunday', anyone remember the dog perched on the tank of one rider (out for a Sunday blast!) with just a towel to cling on to...?! Looked as though he was lovin' every minute too!! Woof!

Interesting too, to hear the comments about the lightweight Greeves vs the big four-strokes, with each having their advantages in the desert terrain.

Brian T.

Comment

no problem dave
                    Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                    something else!!!, what does it mean?, could it be brian, that most people have story to tell or info of a recent event etc, but won`t post it, because they think it might not be of general interest to members.
                    Unfortunately, if people don`t, the the forum gets very very grey & dull, with only the same few names posting, then everybody gets sick of those names ( yours & mine included...... ) then switch off completely... which is fair enough, but its an important asset to the gra & a good quick source of info, so i guess if you enjoy it, then its a case of use it or lose it. .
                    Sorry for hacking your thread to pieces gary, but it was all done in the best possible taste.....

Comment

Working...
                    X