Tony Davis Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Davis Photos

Former Greeves works rider Tony Davis has let Leading Link copy some of his photo album. I will be using a few of the shots in the December LL.

One of them is this lovely period photo of trials riders from the 1960's. I'd like to identify as many of them as I can before I put it in LL. Pat and Johnny Brittain are instantly recognisable of course, but can anybody say who any of the others are?
    Attached Files
    Colin Sparrow

Photo for leading link

Hi Colin, the two riders standing in front, barbour suited are the Adsett brothers. Gordon on the left and Derek on the right. Derek was a Greeves works rider for many years and I think Gordon was for a while before he went scrambling on the continent. I spoke to Gordon at Maylansea recently and I also spoke to you that day...John.

Comment

Thanks John. I should have recognised Derek, There's enough photos of him in the archive, but people don't look the same when they're tackling a section, so they?

Gordon did indeed ride for Greeves - in scrambles mostly but sometimes in trials.

Any more for any more?
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Colin,
        The chap on the right in black is Jon Tye (David Tye of BSA Works fame's brother.
        Best regards,
        Don Morley

Comment

Thanks Don - on the right of the picture you mean? Between Pat and Johnny Brittain?
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
          X