1971 isdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 isdt

I'm trying to list every rider who took part in the ISDT and a note of their result. I've reached the 1971 event in the Isle of Man and got stuck:

There were two French riders, #99 Denis Baillard and 113 Jean-Louis Figureau
    riding Greeves Pathfinders. One of them won a Silver Medal, the other failed to finish.

But I can't find out which was which.

Can anyone help please?
    Colin Sparrow

Col;in ,try Yves on echapp@wanadoo.fr (www.isdt.eu)

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
      I'm trying to list every rider who took part in the ISDT and a note of their result. I've reached the 1971 event in the Isle of Man and got stuck:

There were two French riders, #99 Denis Baillard and 113 Jean-Louis Figureau
      riding Greeves Pathfinders. One of them won a Silver Medal, the other failed to finish.

But I can't find out which was which.

Can anyone help please?

Hi Colin.

There was also a Scotsman J. White entered at the 1973 Dalton Mass ISDT on a Pathfinder...just said he DNF. Druid helped me on this one.

Regards,
      Kenny

Comment

Thanks Kenny.

There were some Pathfinders in 1972 also, but I haven't researched them yet. I might be back on those soon folks...

Thanks Brian, I'm just sending an email off to Yves now.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
          Col;in ,try Yves on echapp@wanadoo.fr (www.isdt.eu)
          Yves came straight back with the answer:

C'est Figureau qui a pris la medaille d'argent en 1971!

Thanks for the advice, Brian.

I've got them all now except 1972, and that's only because I haven't researched that year yet.
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Did you write to Yves in French? Seems odd but most of his website is in English!

Comment

As the website is in English, I wrote in English and received a perfectly correct reply in the same language.

I just posted the result in French for fun!

All the same, I think that Yve's English is likely to be better than my French...
              Colin Sparrow

Comment

And far better than my French or Bulgarian.....

Comment

1972 isdt

Just to complete the picture, I've gone ahead of myself and had a look at the 1972 ISDT in Czechoslovakia.

There were eight Greeves entered, seven Pathfinders and a 380 Griffon.

I only have 'Motor Cycle' as a source of results (has anyone got the MCNs for September 1972?) none of the three British riders finished (including the Griffon) but I'm flummoxed on the other five.

Unfortunately, 'Motor Cycle' only gives detailed results for British riders, so I need results for:

145 B. Schmidli - Swiss Trophy Team. (Only one member of that team finished and he got a silver. Was it Schmidli?)

184 C. Steffen - Swiss private entrant

192 Denis Baillard - French private entrant

210 W. Zurcher - Swiss private entrant

216 E. Hausler - Swiss private entrant

If I can get those, a complete analysis of Greeves' ISDT performances will be in the book.

The last appearance was in 1975 - two Army Griffons. Not sure about 1974 (don't have a programme) but reasonable assumption that there weren't any Greeves I guess. Nice to be certain, if anyone has got a programme though...
                  Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin ,

The rider Ernst Hausler was the Swiss Greeves agent .

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris.

He rode in several ISDTs, but his first name hasn't emerged before.

All grist to the mill!
                      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Bearingman View Post
                        Hi Colin.

There was also a Scotsman J. White entered at the 1973 Dalton Mass ISDT on a Pathfinder...just said he DNF. Druid helped me on this one.

Regards,
                        Kenny
                        Hi Kenny,

It was actually John Little. The only Greeves in the event. He made it to the fifth day, but came off on Eagles Nest Ridge and broke his collarbone.

US Team won the Silver Vase! GB second in the World Trophy!
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Colin, thanks for the reminder about the 73 event.....I wanted to go, but a serious work changeover was scheduled for that week and I was denied leave. They are holding a 40th Anniversary event, but it clashes.....with my nephew's wedding.....Maybe I'll get to the 41st Anniversary!

Comment

Working...
                          X