Moorland Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dave ,

It was bought by two Accountants , Spencer May & Brian Gilroy . The new holding company was Speybrig Holdings .

They had no interest in bikes and Invacars were the money cow , unfortunately the the cow ran out of milk .

Chris

Comment

moorland blue

i had zinc primer then "super gloss synthetic" sprayed the bike for £25 !
      the colour was matched from a original challenger new footrest

24RAS S/ARM

Comment

Tioplas motors

Originally posted by riflegreen View Post
        Hi Dave ,

It was bought by two Accountants , Spencer May & Brian Gilroy . The new holding company was Speybrig Holdings .

They had no interest in bikes and Invacars were the money cow , unfortunately the the cow ran out of milk .

Chris
        CHRIS is it true they had a habit of having fires at there works ?

Comment

moorland blue

Hi All,
          Have noticed on vmcc web site you can select 'moorland blue' on 'vintage selection' under motorcycle paint. Select Make-model and up comes your colour. It's expensive £15.00 plus VAT plus P & P for a 500ml aerosol. I wonder what the the colour match is like?
          maurice

Comment

The fabled colour match from the factory is still evident in Do it Youself shops , buy a tin of emulsion paint , if you get a second tin make sure the batch numbers on the tins match or the colour in the two tins can vary .

Chris

Comment

Hi maurice, if no one can give you the original colour code, which, they can`t, then no one can claim the colour you choose to be incorrect either.
              So if i was you, i would select a shade, that i was personally happy to look at, above alleged authenticity. dave.

Comment

Maurice/Dave ,

There is no colour code as such , the modern codes are taken from owners bikes from inside headlights , toolboxes etc.

After I left the factory I made my own Greeves blue by mixing Woolworths trafalgar blue and black and matching it to the in side of a brake plate .

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X