Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Greeves Do It Again!'-Supplement Re-Printed from Motor Cycling October 26 1961.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Greeves Do It Again!'-Supplement Re-Printed from Motor Cycling October 26 1961.

Here's another little gem from my collection, this time a reprinted supplement produced for Greeves from Motor Cycling October 26 1961, to celebrate and publicise Dave Bickers winning the European Moto-Cross Championship for the second year running.

In addition to the splendid period adverts produced specially for this publication for many of Greeves suppliers and sponsers and details of the 1962 Greeves model range on the back cover, members may be interested to see the listing of Greeves dealers in the form of adverts common to publications of the time. Maybe you bought your Greeves from one of them? Be great too hear more!

The centerpeice of the publication is a re-print of a classic article ('Bert Greeves and his Motorbikes') that will be familiar to many members as it has featured in 'Leading Link', not to mention one of the pics appearing in a certain 'Caption Competition' thread on here.... I've included it again here as it forms part of the complete publication, and of course some newer members may never have seen it before. It's a cracker! Check out OBG's office chair....cool or what?!! Bet Ohlins never thought of that....

I've spread this over three posts in order to attach all the scans.

I hope members will enjoy having a look at it.

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 08/03/2012, 10:19 PM. Reason: Pics added.

'Bert Greeves and his Motorbikes'-Motor Cycling Supplement Part 2.

Here's the 'Bert Greeves and his Motorbikes' article from the centre spread of the supplement.

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 08/03/2012, 10:17 PM. Reason: Pics added.

Comment

'Greeves Do It Again!'-Motor Cycling Supplement Part 3.

Here's the rest of the scans, including those Greeves dealer listings.

This is worthy of a thread of it's own...! Be interesting to hear of members stories and experiences if anyone is familiar with any of them.

And don't forget everyone......'BE SUCCESSFUL YOURSELF ON A GREEVES!'

Brian.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 08/03/2012, 10:23 PM. Reason: Pics added.

Comment

I really should have grabbed those office chairs after the fire , they were just skipped .

I rode all of OBG's vintage bikes , we had to drag them out once a year for the Brighton run .

Chris

Comment

Working...
        X