Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Greeves Times'-Motor Cycle Show Edition November 1962.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Greeves Times'-Motor Cycle Show Edition November 1962.

Here's a nice item (and pretty rare!) from my files I thought members might find interesting.

Greeves produced these 'Greeves Times' publications in double sided 'broadsheet' form to hand out at shows and trade events.

This is a copy of an original 1962 Motor Cycle Show issue that I managed to get my hands on, and is scanned in the form I received it. Because of the large size of the original item, each of the two pages were sadly cut in half in order to be copied. This means that as the type is laid out in vertical columns, you will need to scroll between page 1 and 2, and likewise with pages 3 and 4 in order to read it.

In addition to details of the show launch of the 1963 Greeves model range, there are some interesting contemporary Greeves stories and a nice pic of OBG testing Reg Everitt's Silverstone prototype.

Hope everyone enjoys having a look at it.

Brian.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 08/03/2012, 09:11 PM. Reason: Pics added.

I'm just revisiting this thread as I want to try and re-upload these images in a larger format in the hope they will be more readable.

I will post each of the four images in a separate post to make them as large as possible.

Brian.

Here is the first page;

Click image for larger version

Name:	Greeves Times Motor Cycle Show Edition Nov. 1962 #1..jpg
Views:	92
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	96780

Comment

Here is the second page;

Brian.

Name:	Greeves Times Motor Cycle Show Edition Nov. 1962 #2..jpg
Views:	95
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	96782

Comment

Here is the third page;

Brian.

Name:	Greeves Times Motor Cycle Show Edition Nov. 1962 #3..jpg
Views:	94
Size:	410.5 KB
ID:	96784

Comment

Here is the fourth and final page;

Brian. Click image for larger version

Name:	Greeves Times Motor Cycle Show Edition Nov. 1962 #4..jpg
Views:	96
Size:	435.9 KB
ID:	96786

Comment

Great bit of nostalgia from my first year of Greeves ownership! Thanks for posting, Brian.

Comment

Hi John,

It's nice to know this one has a bit of personal value for you my friend, and really pleased that I revisited it now I know that.

Can you believe I originally posted this thread getting on for eleven years ago.....wow, where does the time go eh?

Brian.

Comment

Nice job, Brian. Thanks for reviving the thread, and for making it more readable. It is an interesting snippet of Greeves history!

Comment

Definitely nice to see these

Comment

Same year as I bought my first Greeves 919AAA which was second hand but in as new condition

Comment

Originally posted by shelly View Post
                      Same year as I bought my first Greeves 919AAA which was second hand but in as new condition
                      Still around 'shelly'
                      60/3013 919AAA 1960 UK Bishops Waltham Richard Greeves 950A8009 restored for sale GB Motorcycles, Christian Malford. Wiltshire ?3650 1/17 sold to Richard Greeves, Bishops Waltham A

Comment

Hi all,

I'm pleased it was well received and it makes revisiting the thread and updating it all the more worthwhile.

I've been going through some old files recently and will see what else comes up.....

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                        X