Bertrum Greeves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bertrum Greeves.

Hi everyone, greeves is the brand, but you don`t get to hear many tales about the man himself on the forum, i`ve often wondered what sort of enviroment he created in his factory, what was it like in its heyday on the shop floor etc.
    I know there are books, but never the same as hearing odd stories from people that were there or connected with the running of the company.
    The fifties & sixties were before my time, but i would imagine that the economic climate was perfect for a bloke like Bert to push his way to the front of the pack with a bit of nerve & salesmanship.
    I do realise i need to get out more. but interesting to hear anything all the same..D.dave

Oscar Bertrum Greeves (OBG)

Interesting topic - and there are a few ex-Greeves chaps on here who might have a word or two to say...

The other day I found an article in "Motor Cycling"; October 26th 1961 called "Bert Greeves and His Motorbikes". A reporter spent some time at the factory and interviewed Bert at length.

I'll be putting the article in the October Leading Link.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

BertrAm

I'll try and put some anecdotes up for you over the weekend , just had five days in hospital & still not quite with it yet .

By the way OBG is a ram not a rum , he will come and haunt you .

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X