Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    Stuart,

Brian is dead right on this one. I got myself into some real bother years ago when I left a metalastic bush in the saddle lug of a BMW R26 I was restoring. The coating firm didn't spot it, and it not only partly melted and wrecked the finish, but also welded itself into position. To get it out, I had to resort to a blowtorch and brute force. Sod's Law then took over; I gave the blasted thing a really hefty clout using a large copper drift and my 2lb damager, and it shot out of the frame still burning. I was in the garage and had foolishly left the kitchen door open. It performed a neat parabola trailing smoke and flame behind it and landed on the (plastic) kitchen mat. You might be able to imagine the rest.

All the best,

Frank
    Its sounds like the American guy who found a mouse in his house and threw the mouse on a fire and the mouse ran back in the house ( alight ) and burnt the house down , Its not a myth its a fact reported on BBC check it out .

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Baskill View Post
      Can Greeves frames be powder coated etc with the rubber bushes still fitted in the swinging arm and front wheel loop?
      I have a hatred of powder coating in general because once it chips and rusts it rots away underneath and starts flaking , White Power suspension now WP used white because a nearby powder coater only used white for hospital equipment , yes its good for some things like springs as its applied electrostatically it gets in behind or inside the spring , personally i would spray paint or stove enamel as you can always do a local repair .

Comment

Touch Up Paint

Well it was me that won the tin of MOORLAND BLUE touch up paint in the raffle! I used it to tidy up my TES. I might still have the empty tin but it was long time ago! Thanks Pete...John P

Comment

Working...
        X