Light switch retainers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light switch retainers.

Whilst cleaning the light switch for my BD25 today I notice the retainers are broken. Would any one know if these are available & if so where.
    Thanks.
    Barrie

If its the part shown below Bob Culver of Letchworth has made moulds for these but with different markings for lighting switch as used on Vincents but the plate is the same and will fit the original switch and they are moulded in thermo plastic with very secure studs. Bobs email is bob.culver@sky.com​ Ok to mention my name
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks John but that's not it .They're 2 separate items.
      I'll keep looking

Comment

Tried to up load a picture but it doesn't seem to work on phone or tablet.

Comment

A bit hasty. On deeper looking, that's probably what I need.
          Thanks.

Comment

If the bike has the original type Miller switch it will be this part that has broken, the studs that clamp the switch break out of the plastic

Comment

Yes, thanks again John.
              I don't recall the ring when I took it off.

Comment

The switch should look like this one,there is a separate chrome rim, but that is just an embellishment has no real function. Maybe someone has fitted a different switch. email me a pic to jwakefield63@yahoo.co.uk
                Attached Files

Comment

Just at the moment John, the knob is put away in it's safe place. When I remember where the safe place is I'll send a photo !
                  Have emailed Bob Culver, thanks.

Comment

So is it the actual knob that you need, if so Bob does these as well.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello again.
                      It's the retainer I'm after John, I've put the knob & the horn together somewhere in the depths of the garage, where is eluding me at the moment.
                      Thanks.
                      Barrie.

Comment

Working...
                      X