Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Fork Wearing Plate

Part # M19-F103 Bush Wearing Plate
    The Nylatron wearing discs on the lower leading link metallastic bushes - there are four, two each side
    Does anyone have the dimensions of this wear plate please?
    if not they should be easy to dimension from the fork bush housing od, and the gap between the fork and the link
    They seem to be NA.

I had a batch made a while back, because I needed some for my own projects. They were very expensive, as the tooling had to be set up, and the block of material was expensive. As I recall, they cost me 9 pounds each; plus vat. I am just away to Shepton Mallet for the show for the weekend, but when I am back I can dig out the tooling and surplus block of material, and could ask the local machine shop if they can run up some more, if you like?

If anyone else would like a set, do chip in on this thread.

Ian C.
    Last edited by IanCordes; 24/02/2023, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Okay if you want them for a show bike but they wear away the fork bottoms when used on a trials bike. I removed mine before my forks became dangerously weakened with many years of wear.

Comment

Isn't the intention to prevent this wear? Of course I'm speaking from a position of total ignorance.....

Comment

Thanks for the responses.
          I have purchased a 80mm bar of nylatron which is only ?11 for 100mm (plenty for 4 plates).
          My intension was to turn it into a tube, recess the front to form the L section then part one off to thickness, then repeat.
          Personally I don't think they are necessary as there is a gap between the bush housing and fork plate which cannot touch anyway so they do seem a little superfluous.

Comment

Working...
          X