fork bushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fork bushes

Hi I now have front fork bushes in stock in 45 & 50 shore available at British bikes 1970

Well done Gary in sourcing & stocking these and keeping Greeves on the road and track https://www.britishbikes1970.com/par...otZaejcmoCvayk

Comment

Great, but unfortunately supplied with no 'dogs'.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyed27 View Post
        Great, but unfortunately supplied with no 'dogs'.
        Gary is getting a batch machined with slot so will be available shortly,

Comment

Alternatively, if you are in urgent need, you can have the slots milled yourself; 0.610" wide (-0.000"/+ 0.005"), 1/8" deep.

Comment

Or I have filed the slots myself, not that difficult.

Comment

One side of the bush in the suspension link in my 24RES has the slots in the inner 'race' which engage in the cast alloy retainer the other side has 'half holes' in the outer 'race' which engage in round pegs in the other cast alloy retainer.
              I could form the half holes in the bush by turning a sleeve to fit over the OD of the bush and drilling down the interface to achieve the half hole in the bush.
              I assume there were several iterations of the metalastic bush that had
              a) no slots
              b) slots both sides
              c) slots one side, half holes one side.

Comment

The outer holes are drilled after the bush is fitted, they just provide a key for the bush to stop it slipping. So you drill new holes after fitting a new bush. This is only normally needed on off road bikes, the interference fit should in itself be sufficient in road and road racing bikes.

Comment

Thanks John

Comment

British Bikes 1970 now have both the slotted and non slotted bushes in stock https://www.britishbikes1970.com/parts/fork-parts

Comment

Hi! Gary is supplying me with new bushes as mine failed on the trailer-ride to the event last weekend!. It's not surprising, judging by the mess inside when I removed the aluminium end caps and a good job I wasn't riding when it happened. My brother is going to machine a new set of end caps, (cups?), but Gary did mention he saw someone had used a jig to drill through the end cap and frame/bush at the same time. Does anyone perhaps have a drawing or a photo of a jig they used? Thanks in advance...

Comment

The club archives, available to members, has a drawing.

Comment

The only information I have seen wile going though is the information already on this forum
                          Gary

Comment

Same here Gary, the drawing for the jig being GST 1 which I posted along with loads of other related info on this thread in the Members Only area. The jig drawing is the fourth pic in post #4. There are lots of great contributions from knowledgeable members on that thread.

Hope this helps,

Brian.

Greeves Metalastic Fork Bushes-Removal and Replacement. - Greeves Riders Association Forums (greeves-riders.org.uk)
                            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 10/03/2023, 07:47 PM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Working...
                            X