Roadster fork bushes wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster fork bushes wanted

Has anyone a spare set of front fork bushes for a 25DC. If so Bob Culver of Letchworth is looking for a pair. If you can help please phone him on 01462 673705

Have referred Bob to Villiers Services, who have them listed on their website, and to Robush Ltd who will probably have a near fit (?)

Comment

John. Bob has already been in touch with VS and has bought the last bush they have in stock, but of course he needs a pair, not good practice to fit one new bush. Robush Ltd have no stock and would require a minimum order to re manufacture. Terry Sewell has no bushes left and will not be ordering another batch in view of the high cost involved. So bottom line is that unless someone is prepared to fork out a large some of money for a new batch to be made, (well two batches actually as the rubber is a different hardness for comp & road bikes). there may be a lot of Greeves bikes out of action in coming months.

Comment

Thanks John. I had already had a similar discussion with Bob, but did wonder whether something "magical" might transpire from connected multiple enquiries of the companies mentioned. Don't know about Greeves bikes going out of action as a consequence, though. There has been a way round this kind of problem in the past, especially for the scrambles fraternity ............... ?

Comment

Whilst most parts for Greeves can be manufactured, the bushes are are difficult to re manufacture unless you have the tooling and expertise of rubber molding. Whilst there are companies who can produce these, they have minimum orders which as I said in my previous post can be a large quantity requiring a huge capital outlay that few commercial business would want to commit to. There is also the issue of safety, failure of a re-manufactured bush could result in injury and ever death. Thus resulting in legal proceedings against the manufacturer.

Comment

Has he tried Richard Deal at Greeves Motorcycles?

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
              Has he tried Richard Deal at Greeves Motorcycles?
              Yes Richard Deal has been contacted, he is out of stock and has been for some time. The manufacturer Trelleborg apparently wants 100 pound per bush to make a min of 100. ie 10k pounds. So bottom line is there are no new bushes available commercially at the present time. Richard is looking at a possible alternative manufacturer. Ride carefully.
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 30/07/2022, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I reckon VS will come up with them shortly, given sufficient demand....

Comment

Has anybody the dimensions please for the Metalastic front fork bushes fitted to a 1960 24 TCS Greeves Scottish. Also how do you measure the Shore hardness of the rubber portion? Thanks.

Comment

OD 71.12mm ID 34.93mm Length (inner) 44.95mm (outer 41.15mm) Shore hardness 45 trials/scramble 50 road. You need a special gauge to check hardness https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Har...43842540&psc=1

Comment

Thanks very much John. Grasping at straws really but wondered if I did a trawl of all the proprietary bushes on the market, then a bit of modification/ machining may produce a useable item. Conversely could I adapt the Greeves housings etc to take a proprietary bush. I'm sure that good people from the GRA have looked into this before but if you don't ask you don't get.

Comment

The bushes in question are a standard bush from Robush, but they only make them to order. Min order 50 bushes which will cost around 57 pounds each plus VAT.(68pounds) So quite an outlay for someone.

Comment

I have just ordered a pair from Bob at Villiers he appears to have both 45 and 50 shore.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyed27 View Post
                            I have just ordered a pair from Bob at Villiers he appears to have both 45 and 50 shore.
                            As far as I know there are no bushes available at present from Villiers or elsewhere. Gary Bamford has placed an order for both types 45 & 50 shore, which are due for delivery from the manufacturer any time now. To order a pair go to https://www.britishbikes1970.com/parts/fork-parts (Note web site only shows 50 shore but both types will be available with or without the slot)
                            Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/11/2022, 01:09 PM.

Comment

https://villiersservices.co.uk/index...roducts_id=384
                              https://villiersservices.co.uk/index...roducts_id=385

Perhaps these are not the ones required or indeed the ones I think they were. On re-looking there does seems to be a lack of the necessary toque slots and pin slots
                              Perhaps it is a case of fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
                              Anyway anyone looking for Yamaha racing parts 1968 to 2006 please see my website @ https://rhsyamahabitz.com/
                              Last edited by tonyed27; 16/11/2022, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X