Handlebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebars

Hi, looking for high rise handlebars for my Hawkstone. I called them 'Bickers bars' back in the days. Any help would be appreciated.

If you look in Leading Link, there is a supplier for them there.

Comment

Thanks Ian, will have a look.

Comment

Sorry, but I understand they are no longer available from that source.

Ian C.

Comment

I might have some, would need new chrome, how high is high? With crossbar? Peter.

Comment

ps whereabouts are you?

Comment

I'm in Ipplepen, Newton Abbot, Devon. What I am looking for is approx 6" high with no crossbar. Thanks

Comment

Think it might be more "might" have, as what I was thinking have the cross bar, will look in the pile next time I go in the garage. Bear in mind a bike with the wrong ones is more rideable than a bike with none!
                Best wishes to all those who follow these erudite pages, have an excellent Christmas. Peter. (in West Yorkshire.)

Comment

I imagine you are thinking of 'Bickers' bars, in high tensile steel, silver painted? Adrian Dickerson used to make them, but I understand he no longer does.

Try Duncan at Parkwood Products. http://www.parkwoodproducts.co.uk/greeves.html He lists Hawkstone 'bars in stainless steel. Unfortunately, no photo on his website.

Ian C.

Comment

Thanks Ian. will contact them tomorrow, appreciate your help. Colin

Comment

Colin. You're welcome. They may be standard Hawkstone bars, if he has any, but you may get lucky. What model Hawkstone is it you have? I have a 1959 24SAS I am slowly restoring. I am in Cornwall. There are a few members dotted around Devon & Cornwall.

Ian C.

Comment

Ian, Restoring a 1960 Hawkstone 24SCS as you, slowly. Bought it as a barn find in Cornwall back in July this year near Hayle. Always looking for spares and Villiers bits and pieces. Nice to hear there are other Greeves enthusiasts in the South West. Colin

Comment

Colin. It is amazing they still turn up! I bought my SAS as a barn find likewise, in Weymouth, along with a 24TCS a couple of years back. As if I didn't have enough projects....! I am in Bodmin, so not too far.

Several of us will be at the Shepton Mallet Classic Bike show on 26th & 27th February next, if you want to call in on the GRA stand, make yourself known and have a chat?

Ian C.

Comment

Working...
                          X