Wanted to complete restoration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to complete restoration.

I would like a rear wheel speedo drive for my 25 DB restoration, rather than to connect to gearbox. If any member has a spare to sell please contact Les. 01823 412 455 Many thanks.

Villiers Services do the gears, Les.

Comment

Hi. Jon. I have checked with V/S they only do the gears within the hub which I have. it is the right angle drive that I need. Thanks for your response Les.

Comment

I Gaggs of Nottingham sell them phone number 01159786288 hope this helps
        spike

Comment

Thanks Spike, I will them a call tomorrow,

Comment

I thought I had one for Les, however he informed me it was 'upside' down, does anyone know what this is off or likely to fit?

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1494.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	83274

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1496.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	83275

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1495.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	83276

Comment

Hello Tony it looks like the one on my Ranger but you will know better than me.

Comment

Hi Mike, the one on the Ranger and most alloy hubs is BG 2504/01 which is the other way up

Comment

Originally posted by tony View Post
                  I thought I had one for Les, however he informed me it was 'upside' down, does anyone know what this is off or likely to fit?

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1494.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	83274

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1496.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	83275

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_1495.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	83276
                  Could be off any bike with tin hub, not necessarily Greeves. The Alloy hub version had a longer thread

Comment

Hi Tony,

You may know this already bud, but the ID number is normally stamped into the 'dish' of the brass sealing cup/plug. On mine it required very careful cleaning to reveal it as the font/stamping is very fine (and the cup is soft brass) so easy to lose it completely if you go too mad with abrasives to remove the crud....!

If you can find the number you should be able to ID it by asking Peter Smith to look it up in the Smiths Instrument data I collated for the club and now in his possession, as long as it's for a Greeves. I think Gary B has a more comprehensive listing covering other marques as well so might be worth asking him too.

Hope this helps mate,

Brian.
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/08/2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks Brian, I can barely read the numbers, probably I could if I removed the split pin. That said I only dug it out as I thought it would help Les and since I don’t think it is a Greeves it can go back in the box

Comment

Thanks for all responses, I was offered a recon. one @ £195 I forgot to ask which caret gold it was made from. {no I did not buy] therefore I still need one. Thanks again Les.

Comment

Did you find the correct number for the one you want Les?

Comment

Les what is the issue with connecting the speedo to the built in speedo drive fitted to the 2T gearbox. A much better drive and shorter cable required.

Comment

I guess that is what I may end up doing John, I just preferred the rear wheel route. Regards Les.

Comment

Working...
                              X