Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roadster Rectifier/voltage regulator/Ignition coils.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster Rectifier/voltage regulator/Ignition coils.

This topic may have been aired previously,(and I apologise for re-raising it,if that is the case!),but, can anyone supply any info or advice about a replacement item, and supplier, for the old selenium rectifier as originally fitted to my current restoration project.(1960 25 DB sportstwin),?
    The last time I had to replace such a device, was on a Royal Enfield Constellation, and that entailed substituting a Zener diode, for the old voltage regulator.(30 years ago!).
    Any advice, and guidance, will be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure others in GRA will be able to help.

On the subject of ignition coils, I obtained 2 German sourced,(I believe), units from, Villiers Services,about 4 years ago,(i've been "Gathering my Resources", for a while!!),and notice they only have 1 low tension wire, whereas the old Villiers coils had 2.Any advice on how these should be wired, will also be greatly appreciated.(I'm presuming that frame earth connection, replaces the need for the 2nd wire,or am I wrong?).
    Ever hopefull, over here, in New Zealand,!!
    Les Pilgrim

Originally posted by Les Pilgrim View Post
    Any advice, and guidance, will be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure others in GRA will be able to help.
    There's plenty of help available in the club Les. Have you got that application in the post yet?

Brian.

Comment

Rectifier

I have a posting in Members area Rectifiers for roadsters covering this

Comment

Thanks for your help,Brian and John, and ,Yes,i've been a member for about 6 weeks now,(but my status hasn't been changed on the forum yet?).Received a couple of issues of Leading Link, and a nice note from Peter Smith,(thanks Peter,i'll drop you a line shortly).
        But, I can't read the item John mentioned, until my status on here has been revised,can I?.Hope to be ,"Enlightened",soon !,(Pun fully intended!!).
        Last edited by Les Pilgrim; 01/11/2010, 08:56 PM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

Good for you Les!

That's good to hear Les, and great to have you with us!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
          X