Brake shoes for BHC alloy full width hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake shoes for BHC alloy full width hubs

I have made an inquiry to EBC (the motorcycle brake shoe manufacturer) as to if they can supply a replacement shoe for the BHC full width hubs. The nearest they do is their part No EBC990G (the G means grooved lining) The size of these are 150mm x 30mm wide so would be 2mm down on the original 6" dia (152.4mm) The 30 mm width would be OK as its only 1.4mm over the 1 1/8 inch original. Whilst these would probabaly be OK on a new hub, the wear life would be reduced.
    Whilst VS do a replacement lining service at £21.95 they do not appear to sell complete shoes anymore. so if you have damaged shoes or missing ones the EBC ones could be of use. They could of course be subsequently re lined with thicker shoes next time round. EBC990G apparently fit an Ossa 250 Cross/Fuego/Super Pioneer https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIT-OSSA-...8zBm:rk:1f:0
    Has anyone used the EBC shoes?

They have a good reputation in the 4 wheel world, just hope the standards are carried over.

Comment

Quality OK, EBC do brake shoes for most Jap bike, I have used them on my T80 Townmate no problems. Thing is looking at prices the ones quoted EBC990G are £36 from likes of Wemoto https://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/pm-ebc-990g so not cheap.

Comment

Strange! I can get EBC shoes for my TLR for a third of the 990G price, as long as I groove them myself. The Grooved ones are under £15!

Comment

Saftek in Cleckheaton will reline nearly anything to your spec, thicker linings, more stop etc.

Comment

Terry weedy does shoes new not exchanged £25
            tds classics also list them new if you ever get hold of them

Comment

Yes I realise that there are various relining firms but it would be good to know if there is a standard readily available equivalent that could be available from multiple outlets.
              Looking at Terry Weedys web site his appear to be of Newfren make, very competatively priced at £18 a pair http://www.terryweedy.com/products.html
              I wonder what the part No is? Looks like the ones Terry Sewell sells are the 1" wide ones, so presumably Terry Weedy sells the same ones, maybe OK for a trials bike but not for a road bike.
              Last edited by John Wakefield; 22/02/2019, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                Strange! I can get EBC shoes for my TLR for a third of the 990G price, as long as I groove them myself. The Grooved ones are under £15!
                Yes strange that prices vary a lot with EBC I suppose the more common types with high turn over are at cheaper prices.

Comment

Working...
                X